NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA Reply - Page 115) - Page 4
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Whats gonna happen to ole sis recruiting class?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar

I don't understand the "NCAA is going to sweep it under the rug" thing. It's the NCAA that is doing something. Little late for sweeping.

I'm thinking nothing comes of it other than some secondary violations. We will see. It is interesting the timing of this not too long before NSD. Doesnt hurt my feelings any though lol

BamaNation All-American

Maybe the NZAA will surprise me, but I think they've been neutered. Mississippi will lawyer-up, deny everything, and end up losing one scholarship and in-home basketball recruiting (ladies) for a season. The only people I know that didn't think something was fishy about the recruiting class that is now winding up eligibility were Mississippi fans.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    I don't understand the "NCAA is going to sweep it under the rug" thing. It's the NCAA that is doing something. Little late for sweeping.
    Absolutely right. Even in its weakened state, the NCAA just reminded everybody that it still knows how to build a car bomb.

I wonder if the NCAA is going to continue Ole Miss' lifetime ban from the SEC Championship game.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

This is much ado about nothing (unfortunately from what I've heard) in regards to football. I don't expect much to happen, but hopefully this starts the dominoes in the proper order.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I predict they hammer the women's basketball program and the Ole Miss track team.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    I wonder if the NCAA is going to continue Ole Miss' lifetime ban from the SEC Championship game.

Some people are immune to good advice.

May be little to it in regards to football, but at least it might keep OM on the NCAA radar somewhat, and they get some bad press over it to some degree. I posted in the recruiting forum about how well-liked Freeze is by HS coaches (BTW I have direct info on that) but that doesn't mean he's squeaky clean, and neither are their boosters.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I tend to think something will come of this. The NCAA is sending a signal by releasing this right before signing day. I seems to me that it is just Ole Miss "spin" to say that it is about stuff before Freeze arrived.
    Bama 907-318-44 73.2% On the field

26 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I tend to think something will come of this. The NCAA is sending a signal by releasing this right before signing day. I seems to me that it is just Ole Miss "spin" to say that it is about stuff before Freeze arrived.
    You may very well be right. It's a little funny because if you read the article, Freeze all but dared anyone to snitch on them via Twitter. You're just asking for it doing that kind of stuff.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    You may very well be right. It's a little funny because if you read the article, Freeze all but dared anyone to snitch on them via Twitter. You're just asking for it doing that kind of stuff.
    So weird. For some reason, that tweet no longer exists.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...heat-violation
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson