NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 5
Page 5 of 211 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    The timing of this: Priceless.
    The REC at work again.

So the Grove reeks of impropriety? Does a Rebel Black Bear squat in the woods?

SIAP...here is a link to the ESPN article regarding the Ole Miss charges. http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ee-sports-ncaa

My favorite part...
    "Many of the allegations are either not connected to the football team or predate coach Hugh Freeze's arrival......"This is a fraction involving our current football staff," a source told ESPN.com. "Some of those things we've already self-imposed some penalties around and already dealt with. This just happens to be part of a broader process."

If "many" of the allegations predate Freeze's arrival, that means that some have occurred since he has been there. If "some" have self-imposed penalties, then some have not been properly addressed.

If I am a top recruit with hopes for the national spotlight in bowls and CFP games, I am running away from Oxford and telling my 4 and 5 star friends to do the same.
    Last edited by TrueCrimson7; January 29th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    So, how many years of probation will we get?
    Comment of the decade! This guy wins the internet.
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    i wonder if the ncaa is going to continue ole miss' lifetime ban from the sec championship game.
    best quote ever!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Can we say Ole Miss just got, wait for it....Blind Sided?

Thank you, I'll be here all week. *drops mic, runs off stage to a chorus of boos'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Maybe the next team to achieve a win streak against us will think twice about throwing that last min td rec?

BamaNation All-SEC

OM's lawyers will contact the NCAA and threaten a civil suit claiming damages for any sanctions against OM athletics. They will file in Oxford. The NCAA will back down and the investigation will end. It is the Auburn $Cam model and one that has drawn all the teeth from the NCAA's enforcement division. Given that the long term prognosis for the investigation is poor, probably the only real damage that the NCAA will do is by announcing this right before NSD to scare off some recruits.

Football and Basketball Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TRU View Post
    OM's lawyers will contact the NCAA and threaten a civil suit claiming damages for any sanctions against OM athletics. They will file in Oxford. The NCAA will back down and the investigation will end. It is the Auburn $Cam model and one that has drawn all the teeth from the NCAA's enforcement division. Given that the long term prognosis for the investigation is poor, probably the only real damage that the NCAA will do is by announcing this right before NSD to scare off some recruits.
    I don't think so or many other schools would have went this route already. Especially in the TV/postseason revenue ban days.

Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

IIRC Auburn never got a letter from the NCAA about Cam, so this would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RTR91; January 29th, 2016 at 05:27 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

The word from a relative of mine that is an Ole Miss grad is that this could be just be the tip of the iceberg. He has heard that there could be more allegations in football.

And don't think for a moment the NCAA didn't leak the info just before NSD on purpose. Ole Miss has been thumbing their noses at the NCAA. It gives them only 72 hours to damage control before the dead period.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation All-American PitMaster's Avatar

That ban is self imposed