NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

In football, I think termination is the only approach. NCAA is more vindictive with football than basketball since they control basketball's playoff structure. Keeping UNC, Syracuse, and Louisville out of the tourney for a long time is a bad thing to the NCAA. It doesn't really matter to them what Ole Miss or anyone else in football does in the postseason.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

I just know that several schools had their hands in the Albert Means cookie jar, and none of them suffered for it except Alabama.
Not true - Kentucky was given a one-year bowl ban.

Part me thinks that should be in blue...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

And he shouldn't. I also don't think for one second Freeze was oblivious to what was going on as some of the Ole Miss folks who I know are now trying to claim. No way he couldn't have known any of this stuff was going on. If he survives I'll we be very, very surprised.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I doubt he does, either. At this point, Ole Miss is having to weigh cutting him now (which I understand would mean they have to pay the $15million or so he'd be owed) or wait until the NCAA hands down its punishment and react then. If they fire him now, they take it on the chin but might avoid some heavier penalties from the CAA, but if they decide to play their odds and he's handed a multi-year show cause, they can fire him without paying the buyout - albeit with likely heavier NCAA penalties for not being proactive.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Interesting what happens to school's that hire these high flying high school coaches........Baylor, Ole Miss, and coming to a city near you, au.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

7guy
Not true - Kentucky was given a one-year bowl ban.

Part me thinks that should be in blue...
This was all a setup. The NCAA warned off all the other SEC schools recruiting means, save for Bama and Kentucky. Why?

because they could not be so obvious as to leave Alabama the only one out there that was not told, they needed a foil or a dupe, and that became Kentucky.

Why again? Because Kentucky made the most sense, they were a basketball school and the fans would be all into Pitino and the basketball team come late fall and winter

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Not sure I understand what some of you mean about NCAA needing proof. I really don't know what all the evidence says, but NCAA doesn't really need to have solid proof like a court of law. They only have to believe something is true... and sometimes they believe something without corroborating evidence. Whatever the NCAA decides will be how they feel, not about truth. Sometimes they coincide, but I still don't trust them to do what's right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
That's the thing, it ends up in court if you slap them into the next fad hairstyle with penalties. Look at what the barn did, they lawyered up, kept quiet, and dared the NCAA to hammer them with what amounted to as hearsay of their wrongdoing. So in essence the NCAA does need at least some tangible proof, without the help of subpoena power mind you, to get these penalties to stick. That's why they went to other athletes at other schools and offered them immunity so they would divulge their fun times at ole miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

I doubt he does, either. At this point, Ole Miss is having to weigh cutting him now (which I understand would mean they have to pay the $15million or so he'd be owed) or wait until the NCAA hands down its punishment and react then. If they fire him now, they take it on the chin but might avoid some heavier penalties from the CAA, but if they decide to play their odds and he's handed a multi-year show cause, they can fire him without paying the buyout - albeit with likely heavier NCAA penalties for not being proactive.
$15 million, on top of the $7 million short they will be from the postseason ban next year (and likely more thereafter).

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

$15 million, on top of the $7 million short they will be from the postseason ban next year (and likely more thereafter).
That means it cost Ole Miss about $11 mil/win over Alabama. Hope it was worth it guys.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

To me, the "violation of head coach responsibility legislation" allegation and the "lack of institutional control" allegation put Freeze and the university at cross-purposes, or at least will do so in the end. For Freeze to defend himself against that charge and essentially argue that the other violations were the result of rogue assistants and staffers concealing their behaviors from him and being reasonably beyond the spectrum of what he was or should have been aware of, isn't that essentially conceding lack of institutional control or the safeguards necessary to prevent rogue actions? It's a catch-22. It will take some high-dollar lawyer gymnastics to stitch together a common, consistent defense for those two.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Who knows how accurate this is, but an Outkick the Coverage writer tweeted yesterday:
Nkemdiche's dad was hired at the University Medical Center in Jackson several years ago while recruitment was going on for Denzell----he's had a very high paying admin job for 4 of 5 years now so it may be well over that number by now.

And also recall that much of this centers around a lobbying group in DC. And recall that:

Quote - Beverly Nkemdiche, the mother of Denzel and Robert, is an elected official her native Nigeria

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/09/05/nkemdiche-td-mom/71793708/

There's no telling what the final tab would run if we were keeping legit records

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I wonder if Bo's 4 game suspension in 2015 had anything to do with some improper things that he may have gotten from ole miss?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

To me, the "violation of head coach responsibility legislation" allegation and the "lack of institutional control" allegation put Freeze and the university at cross-purposes, or at least will do so in the end. For Freeze to defend himself against that charge and essentially argue that the other violations were the result of rogue assistants and staffers concealing their behaviors from him and being reasonably beyond the spectrum of what he was or should have been aware of, isn't that essentially conceding lack of institutional control or the safeguards necessary to prevent rogue actions? It's a catch-22. It will take some high-dollar lawyer gymnastics to stitch together a common, consistent defense for those two.
If I were retained by Freeze and OM, the first thing I'd do would be to warn them both about the potential conflict of interest, and recommend independent legal advice be sought by "the other party"...

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I wonder if Bo's 4 game suspension in 2015 had anything to do with some improper things that he may have gotten from ole miss?
If I recall correctly, someone on here who is in the know said it was.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012

Heard on JOX radio this morning:

Q: How come every time somebody beats Alabama, the NCAA investigates them for cheating?

A: Because you have to cheat to beat Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.