NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

I wonder if Bo's 4 game suspension in 2015 had anything to do with some improper things that he may have gotten from ole miss?
Believe it was. IIRC, Bama self-reported it once he was on campus, and the NCAA decided on the suspension.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Believe it was. IIRC, Bama self-reported it once he was on campus, and the NCAA decided on the suspension.
Could he have already been interviewed by the ncaa? If so, he certainly didn't get immunity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Ole Miss, Hugh Freeze flew too close to the sun and now they're paying for it

A Michael Buffer wannabe proudly declared, "And now a five-star prospect from Batesville, Mississippi...Tony Conner" to a crowd of inebriated Ole Miss fans and students as Conner, the local stud, strode onto the stage.

It was Ole Miss' big official visit weekend back in January 2013, and the school pulled out all the stops. The big group of top recruits that weekend included Conner, Robert Nkemdiche, Laquon Treadwell, Laremy Tunsil and Chris Jones - all five-star prospects and all but one would go on to sign with the Rebels.

One-by-one their names were announced to the popular Oxford college bar as the young celebrities they were, the crowd begging them to come to Ole Miss. A group of older boosters hung off to the side, eying the greatest collection of recruiting talent the Rebels had ever assembled in Oxford. All the while, Ole Miss assistants quietly monitored the proceedings from upstairs, watching their top recruiting targets dance shirtless on stage to the adulation of the fans.

Ole Miss went on to sign the nation's eighth-best recruiting class that year, an achievement that generated a lot of good publicity for the school. But that recruiting class attracted the NCAA to set up shop in Mississippi and could ultimately cost Hugh Freeze, Ross Bjork and others their jobs at the school.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

That Ole Miss video played like a Mr Rogers hostage tape. Two things stick out: no admonishment toward the dufus boosters, and the palpable physical and vocal separation of Freeze. Like he was saying "y'all all causing me these problems. And I have to sit here."

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I just know that several schools had their hands in the Albert Means cookie jar, and none of them suffered for it except Alabama.
That was ALL Roy Kramer... :cool2:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

To me, the "violation of head coach responsibility legislation" allegation and the "lack of institutional control" allegation put Freeze and the university at cross-purposes, or at least will do so in the end. For Freeze to defend himself against that charge and essentially argue that the other violations were the result of rogue assistants and staffers concealing their behaviors from him and being reasonably beyond the spectrum of what he was or should have been aware of, isn't that essentially conceding lack of institutional control or the safeguards necessary to prevent rogue actions? It's a catch-22. It will take some high-dollar lawyer gymnastics to stitch together a common, consistent defense for those two.
Yes this a good plan if you want to assume all those rogue assistants are going to just keep their mouth shut while freeze and his legal team start talking bad about them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

"Theys millionaires in the house"

Who said that, way back when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

I don't wish bad on Ole Miss; However if we were truly looking down the 'barrel of a loaded game' and only escaped it because we cooperated, Ole Miss should get demolished since they seemed to fight every step of the way.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017

That one year ban is not enough IMO. The NCAA will add at least a year on to the ban and add more to it.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

That one year ban is not enough IMO. The NCAA will add at least a year on to the ban and add more to it.

The scholarships will be what stings. As egregious as those allegations are I would not be surprised to see them lose 40 over 5 years. Hard to compete In SEC west at that level.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

And he shouldn't. I also don't think for one second Freeze was oblivious to what was going on as some of the Ole Miss folks who I know are now trying to claim. No way he couldn't have known any of this stuff was going on. If he survives I'll we be very, very surprised.
Freeze talks a good game and seems so sincere that I really do want to believe him. But ........ when there is this much smoke and flames breaking out all over the place Freeze would have to be a really, really blind person to not see at least some of it. So he either was crooked or turned sway so as not to see. Stick a fork in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.