NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 6
Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106 ... LastLast

Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    First, IIRC Auburn never got a letter from the NCAA about Cam, so this would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this a real exchange? If so sounds eerily reminiscent of Dye and Ramsey on tape
    Last edited by RTR91; January 29th, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

2. Advertisement

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    Is this a real exchange? If so sounds eerily reminiscent of Dye and Ramsey on tape
    No it's fake. I realize it now, so I deleted it.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    The word from a relative of mine that is an Ole Miss grad is that this could be just be the tip of the iceberg. He has heard that there could be more allegations in football.

And don't think for a moment the NCAA didn't leak the info just before NSD on purpose. Ole Miss has been thumbing their noses at the NCAA. It gives them only 72 hours to damage control before the dead period.

If there were not significant football violations , do you not think that Ole Sis would have released the alleged violations by now. If I am a top recruit about to committ, I would say to Hugh show me the letter from the NCAA. So I can read it for myself.

So you guys with the law degrees, is there a bit of truth to this.
    Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork released a statement regarding the violations.
    "As has been the case for the past three years, we are bound by confidentiality and cannot comment publicly on the matter," said Bjork. "However, I can say that I'm confident in how our coaches and staff operate our program, and we take compliance, NCAA and SEC rules very seriously. We are working hard to seek a resolution to this matter."
    What binds the to confidentiality, other than they want the media to have a look at the alleged infractions? They can publish the letter of infractions, but they cant comment on it.

The REC works in mysterious ways.

Football and Basketball Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    IIRC Auburn never got a letter from the NCAA about Cam, so this would be different.

If NCAA is sending letters, some measure of punishment is coming from the named sports in the letter. The lawyers may be able to back it down a bit but some sanctions are coming their way. They may come out with only a few scholarships lost and a period of probation, but it will be something and they will have the dark cloud hanging over their program for a few recruiting cycles.

Football and Basketball Moderator

And I will say that the specter of sanctions was almost as bad for our program in the the early 2000s as the actual sanctions. Athletes were transferring, lost out on several big name in-state recruits due to the concerns, probably created the circumstance of Fran-to-Price-to-Shula.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    Unless they have the IRS and FBI in tow, I doubt they'll get much out of him.
    As long as they paid some of the female athletes they should be fine...otherwise this could get serious.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

It's hotter than July in Oxford. Finally, something is going to happen, hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I know that you guys are enjoying this, and I understand why, but I hate the NCAA and what they do to my favorite sport.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I know that you guys are enjoying this, and I understand why, but I hate the NCAA and what they do to my favorite sport.
    Agreed. On both points.

BamaNation First Team

Big A Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

... I'd like to buy a player - uh, I mean vowel

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post

... I love this guy's work
    Bama's Back

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Well B1GTide, if this was Michigan you would feel different. I love the sport too but if someone is taking advantage of the system they need to be called out.