NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned) - Page 7
Page 7 of 193 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757107 ... LastLast

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

I remember back when Slive became the commissioner of the SEC he said one of his goals was for there not to be any SEC teams on probation. I've kind of lost tract...but was wondering if all the teams are currently not on probation? Did Slive's goal get done? My guess is that there might be some minor infractions with Ole Miss, but it doesn't seem like the current NCAA hammers schools now the way they did us.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Well B1GTide, if this was Michigan you would feel different. I love the sport too but if someone is taking advantage of the system they need to be called out.
    I would be laughing my butt off, just like you guys are, but it would not change my feelings for the NCAA one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    So you guys with the law degrees, is there a bit of truth to this.
    Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork released a statement regarding the violations.
    "As has been the case for the past three years, we are bound by confidentiality and cannot comment publicly on the matter," said Bjork. "However, I can say that I'm confident in how our coaches and staff operate our program, and we take compliance, NCAA and SEC rules very seriously. We are working hard to seek a resolution to this matter."
    What binds the to confidentiality, other than they want the media to have a look at the alleged infractions? They can publish the letter of infractions, but they cant comment on it.
    If it involves impermissible benefits to certain students, then they can't comment on it. It always eventually comes out, as with Tunsel and Nkemdiche...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation First Team

Could this lead to Ole Miss having to forfeit their 2015 season victories?

Does Bama not only gets the 2015 National Title but now an undefeated season to go with it?

Football and Basketball Moderator

The losses still count for the opponents, the infracting team just can't claim the wins.

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    The word from a relative of mine that is an Ole Miss grad is that this could be just be the tip of the iceberg. He has heard that there could be more allegations in football.

And don't think for a moment the NCAA didn't leak the info just before NSD on purpose. Ole Miss has been thumbing their noses at the NCAA. It gives them only 72 hours to damage control before the dead period.
    Or 72 hours for other schools to swoop in and pilfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I would be laughing my butt off, just like you guys are, but it would not change my feelings for the NCAA one bit.
    What should the ncaa do, just shrug and say anything goes?

BamaNation First Team BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    And I will say that the specter of sanctions was almost as bad for our program in the the early 2000s as the actual sanctions. Athletes were transferring, lost out on several big name in-state recruits due to the concerns, probably created the circumstance of Fran-to-Price-to-Shula.
    If there is any way that OM can go from Freeze to Fran, count me in for a ringside seat. The perfect punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

I was listening to Finebaum today (I know, but my work vehicle only has a radio and today's music is lame) anytime a caller would speak negatively about OM he would cut them off and speak to the contrary. He usually lets the opinions of callers roll, but not on this topic. It was if he was performing damage control. He's so obviously in love with Freeze and the "magic" of the OM campus. Three years ago this wouldn't have been the case with Finebaum. He's changed, I guess he figures who needs teeth when you don't eat meat.
    Beat Everyone!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

So I guess the NCAA will break Colonel Reb's sword and bust him down to Sargent Reb.

And right on cue, The Blind Side movie is on TNT right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletover View Post
    I was listening to Finebaum today (I know, but my work vehicle only has a radio and today's music is lame) anytime a caller would speak negatively about OM he would cut them off and speak to the contrary. He usually lets the opinions of callers roll, but not on this topic. It was if he was performing damage control. He's so obviously in love with Freeze and the "magic" of the OM campus. Three years ago this wouldn't have been the case with Finebaum. He's changed, I guess he figures who needs teeth when you don't eat meat.
    Finebaum now works for the SEC Network so he is going to protect the SEC for one and two he likes Freeze. I will be honest, Freeze comes across not that badly when being interviewed. While I believe they have been and are cheating he does have a thing about him that I could see some kids being attracted to him. With that being said so did David Koresh .