NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA Reply - Page 115) - Page 9
Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959109 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...-make-stuff-up

reading the tweets at the bottom had me laughing. I was not aware that the college football universe was jealous of Ole Miss.
    Jealous of what??? ����

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

We still have to wait and see how all of this goes down despite what we may think. Still, something has gone awry there. It really smells badly.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

LOL at Freeze 'not knowing'...

If he doesn't know, he's one of the dumbest humans I've ever heard of.
    Some people are immune to good advice.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

I believe the Barn has set to standard very low. Just deny everything, admit nothing and lawyer up.
    "I had no idea!"
    That is setting the ethical bar pretty low if you ask me, but the NCAA seems to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I believe the Barn has set to standard very low. Just deny everything, admit nothing and lawyer up.
    "I had no idea!"
    That is setting the ethical bar pretty low if you ask me, but the NCAA seems to accept it.
    Change is coming

Football and Basketball Moderator

Our own troubles with Dubose proves that deniability isn't really a defense with the NCAA. Heck, even the textbook issue was just a poor information system that was open to social engineering by athletes. A clique discovered the "hack" and exploited it for financial or otherwise personal gain. The University didn't know it was a problem until a SUPE store employee begin to notice the irregularities in the Fall 2007 semester. The University then audited the system and provided a full report of the issues to the NCAA. Lost nearly a whole season's worth of wins on the field and had our probation extended over bad system architecture! The NCAA doesn't care if your problems were caused by low-bid state agency contracts for software.

It literally doesn't even matter if Freeze knows or not to the NCAA, so the Ole Miss fans might as well can that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    Change is coming
    Please expound. Thanks.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

Well, Scam didn't know Daddy was shopping him around. And is he one of the dumbest people...oh...wait...never mind.

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

The reason the Newton case stumped the NCAA was not the deniability but the lack of even a faint scent on the the money source.

I'm perplexed as to why Ole Miss fans and the media are quick to point out that "most" of these allegations were prior to Freeze's hiring, as if that should make a difference in punishment. Should a bank robber get less time in jail because he was able to hide the money from the police for a few years? If anything, punishment should be more severe for the school that disregards NCAA guidelines and hides it for multiple seasons.

If the fact that OM has a new coach now is given consideration in any NCAA sanction discussion, what message does that send to other programs? "Go ahead and break the rules but make sure you hire a new coach before we find out, or else!"

Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimson7 View Post
    I'm perplexed as to why Ole Miss fans and the media are quick to point out that "most" of these allegations were prior to Freeze's hiring, as if that should make a difference in punishment. Should a bank robber get less time in jail because he was able to hide the money from the police for a few years? If anything, punishment should be more severe for the school that disregards NCAA guidelines and hides it for multiple seasons.

If the fact that OM has a new coach now is given consideration in any NCAA sanction discussion, what message does that send to other programs? "Go ahead and break the rules but make sure you hire a new coach before we find out, or else!"
    That defense didn't work out to Franchione's liking.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimson7 View Post
    I'm perplexed as to why Ole Miss fans and the media are quick to point out that "most" of these allegations were prior to Freeze's hiring, as if that should make a difference in punishment. Should a bank robber get less time in jail because he was able to hide the money from the police for a few years?
    In fact, the robber may be able to get off entirely if he avoids notice for long enough -- I'll point you to the concept of a statute of limitations.

But kidding aside, I agree. Pointing out that a a lot of the stuff in the letter happened in the past just amounts to a "yeah, but we've been cheating for a really long" time defense, and that's definitely no defense at all.
    "A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If it involves impermissible benefits to certain students, then they can't comment on it. It always eventually comes out, as with Tunsel and Nkemdiche...
    Miss. State admitted they were the low bidder for their services, just like they were for Cam.