NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Funny stuff out there; for example:

"People got mad I was paying amateurs, so I tried being on the up and up by paying professionals. Gets me fired. Totally Nutts"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
:eek2: You gotta put these links somewhere! Why do people keep silent about stuff like this?! Did the parents of these girls have no idea? If this happened to my daughter in HS, it would be front page news and I would have destroyed Hugh Freeze!
They did, but Briarcrest is a 'respected' private Christian school and they apparently swept this under the rug. Gotta keep that reputation up so you can charge a premium for education, you know...

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Y'all knew I'd be back when the rumor mill started rumbling again. Can someone help my old remembers? Seems there was a blip of a story a year ago about a girl / lady from the University of Florida who had moved there from Mississippi who had some interesting information that was deemed really far fetched.....then. Might not be so far fetched now. If memory serves, Scott Stricklin was asked to allow the NCAA to talk to her about some information she had. Does anyone remember that story and can you point me in the correct direction------it seems it just kinda died.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
One thing I am going to miss is their rendition of Two A Days

Give it a watch if you haven't already. Ive never seen so much inflated egos since Rush Propst di it back in 2006
Irony in that coaching comparison

Last edited by a moderator:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
:eek2: You gotta put these links somewhere! Why do people keep silent about stuff like this?! Did the parents of these girls have no idea? If this happened to my daughter in HS, it would be front page news and I would have destroyed Hugh Freeze!
Isn't Briarcrest a Christian school? What behaviors were they (staff, et al) modeling there? Sin/s? Was the Bible part of their curriculum? Were they teaching about David and Bathsheba, Solomon and his 700 wives and 300 concubines, etc.?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm not sure what your belief system is, but I pray for those in need as we all fall short. Likewise, I hope others pray for me. I'll let God decide if he should or shouldn't be forgiven - that decision is above my pay grade...
The entirety of the New Testament is pretty clear that those sins are forgiven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Irony in that coaching comparison
Propst's case was probably worse with the extracurricular activities (unless the Briarcrest stuff is true), but I'll say that atleast Propst never tried to act like he was this man of high morals and ethics. I think Freeze probably hurt his career more than Propst mostly due to the shock and awe of his situation. We all pretty much thought Propst was a slime ball to begin with.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Isn't Briarcrest a Christian school? What behaviors were they (staff, et al) modeling there? Sin/s? Was the Bible part of their curriculum? Were they teaching about David and Bathsheba, Solomon and his 700 wives and 300 concubines, etc.?
I don't think scandal is all that uncommon in so-called Christian high schools. Covering up scandal at them is de rigeur for reasons Crimsonaudio pointed out above.

Several months ago, there was a long thread about Briarwood Christian (in the 'burbs of Birmingham) trying to get the state legislature to authorize them to have their own police force.

The ostensible reason was to provide security 24/7/365 for the megachurch and school. Collectively, it is several thousand people, so you can kinda make a straight-faced case for it.

But most people in the Birmingham area thought it was so they could better cover up drug use, vandalism, etc. by children of influential church member / donors. I never heard sexual harassment mentioned, but I'd be shocked if kids were getting stoned and destroying church and school property, but not sexually harassing.

I have a personal friend who pulled their kids out of Briarwood because of it. He said everything from playing time on the sports teams to scheduling, extending even to grades, could be bought with contributions to the church.

A lot of self-proclaimed Christian schools live by a far different set of values than you will find in the Bible.

As Saban says, "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say."

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't think scandal is all that uncommon in so-called Christian high schools. Covering up scandal at them is de rigeur for reasons Crimsonaudio pointed out above.

Several months ago, there was a long thread about Briarwood Christian (in the 'burbs of Birmingham) trying to get the state legislature to authorize them to have their own police force.

The ostensible reason was to provide security 24/7/365 for the megachurch and school. Collectively, it is several thousand people, so you can kinda make a straight-faced case for it.

But most people in the Birmingham area thought it was so they could better cover up drug use, vandalism, etc. by children of influential church member / donors. I never heard sexual harassment mentioned, but I'd be shocked if kids were getting stoned and destroying church and school property, but not sexually harassing.

I have a personal friend who pulled their kids out of Briarwood because of it. He said everything from playing time on the sports teams to scheduling, extending even to grades, could be bought with contributions to the church.

A lot of self-proclaimed Christian schools live by a far different set of values than you will find in the Bible.

As Saban says, "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say."
I won't say much on this to avoid thread creep but I know my fair share about Briarwood. The major drug bust two years ago and the campus cop are issues far more complicated than most people acknowledge.

Again - won't say anymore than this - but let's not get hung up on this issue. Lot of intense feelings in both directions.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The entirety of the New Testament is pretty clear that those sins are forgiven.

Even if he is forgiven, that doesn't change the fact that this man's actions affected others. If the stuff coming out of Briarcrest is true then some of those girls were affected by his actions(sins).
I think this man was a phony from the git go and I have no sympathy for him.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Even if he is forgiven, that doesn't change the fact that this man's actions affected others. If the stuff coming out of Briarcrest is true then some of those girls were affected by his actions(sins).
I think this man was a phony from the git go and I have no sympathy for him.
Never took issue with any of that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Freeze deserve his forgiveness that we should aspire to extend to all people but I think he deserves a good shaming for acting like a man of immense faith to advance his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.