NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Wasn't Freeze offered another coaching job or year or two ago? Wasn't he a Florida candidate at that time? Boy I bet he wishes he had taken that, LOL.
Yep....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-are-top-candidates-for-florida-football-job/

"...Ole Miss Coach Hugh Freeze is considering an offer to take over the Gators, with a salary of $4.2 million to $4.3 million. But Godfrey also reports that Ole Miss is “attempting to compete with the Gators’ offer, pushing Freeze’s salary to somewhere near the $4 million range to take compensation out of the question in a potential decision by Freeze between the two schools."

Note that Florida - probably correctly - denied this.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Yep....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-are-top-candidates-for-florida-football-job/

"...Ole Miss Coach Hugh Freeze is considering an offer to take over the Gators, with a salary of $4.2 million to $4.3 million. But Godfrey also reports that Ole Miss is “attempting to compete with the Gators’ offer, pushing Freeze’s salary to somewhere near the $4 million range to take compensation out of the question in a potential decision by Freeze between the two schools."

Note that Florida - probably correctly - denied this.
Isn't Sexton his agent? Could also see the report being a typical Sexton ploy to get more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

At least they got some conference championships out of the deal.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Isn't Sexton his agent? Could also see the report being a typical Sexton ploy to get more money.

Yes and I figure that's what REALLY happened myself.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Apparently, Ole Miss recorded a player's mom asking for money while saying what Mississippi State had given.

https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/mccready-ncaa-delivers-major-blow-in-this-multi-faceted-fight

That's didn't help anyone when Cam's family did this. They had audio recording of the same thing. Nothing came of it. Have to prove it actually happened.

Freeze is trying to make everyone look dirty since he has been caught rolling in the mud.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sankey needs to sack up and cauterize the wound that is Ole Miss...don't let their rich white racist boosters being hissy that they can't bring back the plantation days ruin the conference in the process.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

There is a time (hear this, Gene Chizik) to just admit you did wrong, apologize and take your medicine. But no, gonna proclaim his innocence until the bitter end. A friend of mine lied to us every payday for several months about the reason(s) he couldn't pay his loan payment. Everyone on Planet Earth knew his money was going for drugs. I mean, after five or six weeks in a row people KNOW you are lying. I would say to Freeze: Give it up. Fess up. Move on.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I see now way Hugh Freeze can survive this.
If this sticks, HF will almost certainly get a show-cause and will be unable to coach for a year or more - IOW, if it sticks, he's almost certainly gone:
It is alleged that the head football coach violated head coach responsibility legislation. This allegation is not based upon personal involvement in violations by Coach Freeze but because he is presumed responsible for the allegation involving his staff that occurred between October 2012 and January 2016. Although we disagree, according to the NCAA, Coach Freeze has not rebutted the presumption that he is responsible for his staff’s actions. This is charged as a Level I violation.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I read an article where Bob Bounds (radio host in Mississippi) said he thought Freeze would be fired with cause, when the NCAA actually hammers the school. Firing him with cause will save the school multi-millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.