NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Finebaum said this morning on the OD that he doesn't think freeze runs a dirty program. If he was completely unaware those things were happening in his on program I find that laughable.
Given the infractions, if he didn't know he should be fired for total lack of control. He is the CEO of their most profitable department. This happened under his watch. It is on him, one way or the other. Frankly, if I were in his shoes I would rather be known as a cheat than an idiot.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

He more than likely will known as both. Nobody except Ole Miss fans will believe he didn't know so that makes him a cheat, most people will think that the lengths that he went in cheating and challenging people to catch him makes him an idiot.

Given the infractions, if he didn't know he should be fired for total lack of control. He is the CEO of their most profitable department. This happened under his watch. It is on him, one way or the other. Frankly, if I were in his shoes I would rather be known as a cheat than an idiot.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

If he sincerely believed he was an all star recruiter this whole time, if it truly bursts his bubble, that's comedy. That's like some George Costanza level business.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

More collateral damage:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/05/houston_nutt_seeking_apology_f.html

Nutt gonna get an additional payday. Ole Miss has no desire to see this in court but they'll get to if they don't settle. If Nutt takes it to court we'll get to see how long Ole Miss has been using Wayne County. I really don't think they want that in the public domain.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

More collateral damage:

Nutt gonna get an additional payday. Ole Miss has no desire to see this in court but they'll get to if they don't settle. If Nutt takes it to court we'll get to see how long Ole Miss has been using Wayne County. I really don't think they want that in the public domain.
I appreciate the dedication you have shown to getting out the information about the Ole Miss cheating ways

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

More collateral damage:

I saw that. Ole Miss should have thought twice before messing with this man.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

An opportunist first class.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I`ll say it again. I`m 69 and in good health ( at least as far as I know ). Having said that, I`m still unsure as to whether or not I have enough time left on the planet to see a final " decision" and what ever sanctions might be rendered by the NCAA. Geeze!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I`ll say it again. I`m 69 and in good health ( at least as far as I know ). Having said that, I`m still unsure as to whether or not I have enough time left on the planet to see a final " decision" and what ever sanctions might be rendered by the NCAA. Geeze!
Shoot, flyer, I'm 55 and think the same thing.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, then again and on second thought, perhaps there`s something to be said for "death by a thousand cuts ".

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

I'm 75 and I'm fairly sure I'll never hear about the totality of their sanction's...!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Well, I'm 68 so maybe all us old guys should petition the NCAA to go ahead and drop the hammer now so we can enjoy it before we croak.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Well, I'm 68 so maybe all us old guys should petition the NCAA to go ahead and drop the hammer now so we can enjoy it before we croak.
I dunno.....I'm 58, and kind of like it the way it is. Slow drip, drop, drip, decimating multiple recruiting classes, very much parallel to what happened to us from 1999/ 2000 - 2004.

Especially given the sanctimony emanating from Oxford at the time, I cry no tears.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

When a rogue booster goes out and get the school in trouble I feel sorry for them just because of high-handedness of the NCAA. But, when the entire University is out buying players and then they claim their purity, well I just laugh and say good job NCAA.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

When a rogue booster goes out and get the school in trouble I feel sorry for them just because of high-handedness of the NCAA. But, when the entire University is out buying players and then they claim their purity, well I just laugh and say good job NCAA.
Exactly.

This wasn't paying grandma's rent or fixing Dad's tractor - this was large chunks of cash to get kids on campus and then keep them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Evansville, IN TV station has better Ole Miss/NCAA coverage than NE MS Daily Journal, Jackson Clarion Ledger, or Memphis Commercial Appeal----not to mention any Ole Miss blog or web site.

http://44news.wevv.com/ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-deny-majority-21-ncaa-violations/

Quote - "The most significant list of charges against a NCAA program in 30 years"

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Evansville, IN TV station has better Ole Miss/NCAA coverage than NE MS Daily Journal, Jackson Clarion Ledger, or Memphis Commercial Appeal----not to mention any Ole Miss blog or web site.

http://44news.wevv.com/ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-deny-majority-21-ncaa-violations/

Quote - "The most significant list of charges against a NCAA program in 30 years"

Sounds very bad for Ole Miss. Apparently Barney Farrar doesn't want to be the sacrificial lamb.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

New quotes from Barney's lawyer----------

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/o...case-vs-ole-miss-close-death-penalty-can-get/

Quote - “To use the excuse that everyone else is doing it, that’s just not a good defense,” Loyd continued. “That’s not a good reason. That’s not an acceptable reason. Some of these rules, you wish they weren’t there but the fact of the matter is they are — and they’ve got to be enforced, and they’ve got to be followed. And if you don’t, you’ll find yourself in the position the University of Mississippi athletic department has found itself.”

I take from this that the same someone who forgot to pay Houston Nutt also forgot to pay Barney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.