NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

Source: Ole Miss tape related to its NCAA case isn't a smoking gun

One of the more intriguing aspects of the NCAA infractions case against the Ole Miss football program has been the alleged existence of a tape that reportedly could implicate other schools in potential violations.

A tape does exist, a well-connected source with knowledge of the case told AL.com, but the NCAA was aware of it before issuing Ole Miss an updated Notice of Allegations last week, and the tape isn't any type of smoking gun.

Neal McCready, publisher of RebelGrove.com, reported the existence of a tape that includes a conversation with the mother of Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis. Lewis was a major Class of 2015 recruit from Brookhaven, Miss., who committed to Alabama and Ole Miss before signing with the Bulldogs

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATED NOA - page 80)

BREAKING NEWS - Mississippi Supreme Court rules Ole Miss cannot have the live Nativity scene on campus because it constitutes fraud. Said an internal investigation at OM uncovered the fact they could not find three wise men and a virgin.

And now back to your lives.

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com

Spoke with a sales rep yesterday who is a Miss. St. grad but is from the same town as Freeze's wife, and apparently Hugh has himself a girlfriend and that that news is supposed to drop this coming weekend. It keeps getting nastier...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

So, you are saying that Rev. Freezus is not living up to his.............uh...............uh, self-perpetuated image?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Spoke with a sales rep yesterday who is a Miss. St. grad but is from the same town as Freeze's wife, and apparently Hugh has himself a girlfriend and that that news is supposed to drop this coming weekend. It keeps getting nastier...
Yep. That started going around last week. Even some OM fans acknowledge it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Can't be true, because, well, God and stuff.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007

Yep. That started going around last week. Even some OM fans acknowledge it.
Holy cow! Maybe this off season will not be boring after all.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Well if the above is true, I hate it for his family. It looks as if this is not going to end well at all for him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well if the above is true, I hate it for his family. It looks as if this is not going to end well at all for him.
Yeah, this thing looks like it`s running off the tracks pretty quick for CHF.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow:
"A former committee member, who asked to remain anonymous, has seriously tracked NCAA cases for more than 15 years and couldn’t recall a case with that many (Level I violations). (Violations used to be classified as major and secondary, which makes comparisons imperfect. Now they are broken up from Level I to Level IV. Level I is the most serious). “In terms of sheer numbers, I can’t recall anything that matches this,” the former committee member said. “I just don’t recall anything that’s more serious."

Goodness, that whole article is incredible!

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Goodness, that whole article is incredible!
Just wait until speculation starts. Everything so far is pretty well accepted. Start of academic fraud centers around Title IX and attempting to get female basketball players eligible back in the late 70's early 80's----and it's been going on since then.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

article reads like it's going to be deep voodoo for the Bears.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

[FONT=&quot]Powe was cited with a noise violation by Oxford police, but raised eyebrows when he told the police, when they asked for him to sign the citation, that [/FONT]he could not read[FONT=&quot]. While some people think it was just a gag to try and outfox the police, but his mother was quoted in legal papers as saying, “[/FONT]Jerrell really is a good child, but he just can’t read.[FONT=&quot]”[/FONT]
Oh my God. Is this real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.