NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

CA, it hit me while I was in Atlanta for the SEC Championship game why the rebears hate us so bad, especially the older ones.
On the street in front of the Georgia Dome a single flag for each SEC Champion is hung from a light post from South to North. As I walked, I saw Ole Miss banners from '54, '55, and '60 and then ours in '61. Then comes Ole Miss in '62 & '63. Then Bama in '64, '65, and '66. From '71 through '80 there is one single Georgia / Kentucky flag surrounded by 9 Alabama flags. After Ole Miss's last Championship in 1963, Alabama won 12 of the next 17.

Their demise exactly corresponds with one of our greatest periods and they haven't been able to get it back since we took it.
An 11-48-2 record against Bama doesn't help...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Re: Yahoo: NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (UPDATE: NOA Releas

CA, it hit me while I was in Atlanta for the SEC Championship game why the rebears hate us so bad, especially the older ones.
On the street in front of the Georgia Dome a single flag for each SEC Champion is hung from a light post from South to North. As I walked, I saw Ole Miss banners from '54, '55, and '60 and then ours in '61. Then comes Ole Miss in '62 & '63. Then Bama in '64, '65, and '66. From '71 through '80 there is one single Georgia / Kentucky flag surrounded by 9 Alabama flags. After Ole Miss's last Championship in 1963, Alabama won 12 of the next 17.

Their demise exactly corresponds with one of our greatest periods and they haven't been able to get it back since we took it.
The beginning of the end or at least a portent of things to come was Bama's surprise 12-7 win over OM in the Sugar Bowl following the '63 season. Tim Davis kicked 4 FGs to beat the undefeated, twice tied and favored SEC champs. 1965 was another nail in the coffin of OM SEC success when Bama beat them 17-16 at Legion Field on a late 4th qtr drive that included 3 or 4 fourth down conversions. They've never really been the same since and have not won one SEC title, Bama has won 20. Bama, UT and OM were tied with the most SEC titles with 6, though Bama was the most prominent by far on a national scale because of pre-SEC and Rose Bowl success.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Brings back fond memories. That '65 game was my first. My father took me and we were sitting in the end zone Steve Sloan scored in.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Brings back fond memories. That '65 game was my first. My father took me and we were sitting in the end zone Steve Sloan scored in.
I was there too as a 16 year old, on the Bama side. Jimmy Keyes, a record setting OM PK, missed the XP. IIRC, after Sloan's TD, Stan Moss recovered the ensuing onside kick right in front of us, and Bama ran out the clock - correct me if I'm wrong. It was a HUGE win and Bama went on to win an SEC and NC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Yahoo Sources: NCAA to formally charge Mississippi with rules violations

Ole Miss's Rival site is reporting the amended NOA has been received. Link

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Found this on Twitter when searching about the new NOA.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

It's been released. Ole Miss has been charged with LOIC.

Scratch that. It hasn't been released. Ole Miss just released a 20 minute video about it.

Well we won't have to worry about them for a while.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

They announce a self-imposed one year bowl ban for this upcoming season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Neal McCready is tweeting the video as he watches it:

Ole Miss has been charged with Lack of Institutional Control. The university will contest that charge.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is charged by the NCAA with violating head coach responsibility legislation. Ole Miss is contesting that charge.
Ole Miss is self-inflicting a one-year postseason bowl ban for the 2017 season.
Ole Miss will forfeit annual postseason revenue, approximately $7 million. Team was informed this afternoon, per sources.
Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork said it was "difficult" to inform players of postseason bowl ban.
Keep in mind: Ole Miss will fight these charges. That said, sources told @RebelGrove in January the NCAA investigators want major penalties.
Our sources told us in January NCAA investigators want a two-year bowl ban and multiple show-causes on Ole Miss coaches.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Guess this is what happens when top 10 recruiting classes start showing up out of no where and your star player admits to being paid at his NFL draft press conference..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

So much for the Black Bears. At least they have the memories of those 2014 and 2015 wins...at least for now.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Just a side question, if they end up being charged with LOIC by May, will the current players be able to transfer before the start the 2017 season?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just a side question, if they end up being charged with LOIC by May, will the current players be able to transfer before the start the 2017 season?
They've been charged with LOIC. It's what the Committee on Infractions decides that will determine if players can transfer. Not sure that will happen before the 2017 season, though.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

This will certainly help enrollment in Oxford.

Neal McCready is tweeting the video as he watches it:

Ole Miss has been charged with Lack of Institutional Control. The university will contest that charge.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is charged by the NCAA with violating head coach responsibility legislation. Ole Miss is contesting that charge.
Ole Miss is self-inflicting a one-year postseason bowl ban for the 2017 season.
Ole Miss will forfeit annual postseason revenue, approximately $7 million. Team was informed this afternoon, per sources.
Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork said it was "difficult" to inform players of postseason bowl ban.
Keep in mind: Ole Miss will fight these charges. That said, sources told @RebelGrove in January the NCAA investigators want major penalties.
Our sources told us in January NCAA investigators want a two-year bowl ban and multiple show-causes on Ole Miss coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.