NCAA to formally charge Ole Miss with rules violations (Freeze has resigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Ol' Spit is wondering why the BB scandal didn't break a year or two earlier...............where is the FBI when you really need them?

(Sucks to be Ol' Spit.)

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask OBMS a question while we are waiting for the COI to lower the hammer on ole miss. the question is: how clean or dirty is miss state. They were right in the middle of the Cam Newton mess, Leo Lewis signed with miss state even after ole miss paid him thousands of dollars and I remember Jeffrey committed to us the night before NSD a couple of years ago and yet the morning he signed with miss state. Just wondering?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
$500k and an apology was a pretty cheap price to avoid this extra headache. I wonder if they thought he had nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
$500k and an apology was a pretty cheap price to avoid this extra headache. I wonder if they thought he had nothing?

Just finished reading through the suit. Wolken has link to it on his Twitter time line.

All I can say is how critically stupid this looks to be in terms of Bjork and the Ole Miss PTB NOT settling. Are this people really this arrogant and out of touch? Never mind. I know the answer.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
My guess is that it will come out some day that at least one of the WAOM lawyers was begging them to say "I'm sorry" to Nutt....
I began to think he was rope a doping Ole Miss when he commented that he wanted the original case to be dismissed.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
If you haven't, go read Steve Robertson's book, Flim Flam The Book. There is really nothing new in the filing that had not already been covered first by Robertson. Mars pieced the details together in timeline exactness but the basis for Mars's lawsuit has been play-by-played for over a year and a half. The national writers who were duped by Freeze and Bjork were more than happy to cooperate with Houston Nutt and Tom Mars.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Welp. Possible good news for OM. The NCAA COI "couldn't conclude" academic misconduct by UNC.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/918839217404436480

Once upon a time, the NCAA was considered 'Tough and Ruthless', now, it seems they are more of 'Rough and Toothless'. That's a line I heard on the movie 'Kentucky Fried Movie' that I like to use when it seems appropriate, such as now.
Roll Tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I doubt it. UNC did a good job of Auburning the NCAA.
And there were non-athletes taking the courses, too.

So if a booster wants to pay players, he just needs to pay a few regular students. No benefit for being a student athlete then.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
...and 2 thumbs up for getting "Kentucky Fried Movie" in there!!!
Once upon a time, the NCAA was considered 'Tough and Ruthless', now, it seems they are more of 'Rough and Toothless'. That's a line I heard on the movie 'Kentucky Fried Movie' that I like to use when it seems appropriate, such as now.
Roll Tide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.