Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns) - Page 2
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

If any of those were my daughter, Baylor would be regretting their lack of concern big time.

Quote Originally Posted by tlockwood View Post
    This is going to get ugly quick.
    I hope so. If it's true, I hope they get hammered. Absolutely inexcusable and disgusting behavior.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Baylor is a cesspool. Need I remind anyone of the situation in basketball with the murder and attempted cover-up there several years ago?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

And they let this happen on a campus supposedly Baptist!?!

I hope those young women sue them for mega millions! Does their President or Head Coach have daughters? If I had a daughter or granddaughter going there I'd be VERY concerned! They can't depend on Mr. McLane to fund their follies!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Well, they can't do better than Franklin, Lightfoot...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

A careful reading of this shows that it is a hit piece..... This is a '60 Minutes Article'... even going to the extreme of pointing out that Baylor's Pres. was the Special Council against Bill C. Baylor IS a fine institution, and one has to ask the question...would a winner like Briles be willing to put his program and career at risk for a defensive lineman? Don't flame me, please. I have been a Tide Fan since 1957, but I can clearly see that there are some Baylor haters on our site.... I am not saying that bad stuff doesn't happen in Waco... .it does like in Tuscaloosa....and around other campus... Think about this a minute...this was a HORRIBLE story...and then the girl went back to her Party (which was off campus) and she told some of her friends that she "thinks' she has just been raped??

Quote Originally Posted by smilinc;2784715[B
    ]A careful reading of this shows that it is a hit piece[/B]..... This is a '60 Minutes Article'... even going to the extreme of pointing out that Baylor's Pres. was the Special Council against Bill C. Baylor IS a fine institution, and one has to ask the question...would a winner like Briles be willing to put his program and career at risk for a defensive lineman? Don't flame me, please. I have been a Tide Fan since 1957, but I can clearly see that there are some Baylor haters on our site.... I am not saying that bad stuff doesn't happen in Waco... .it does like in Tuscaloosa....and around other campus... Think about this a minute...this was a HORRIBLE story...and then the girl went back to her Party (which was off campus) and she told some of her friends that she "thinks' she has just been raped??
    No... It's an investigative report done by Outside the Lines.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

My point..... Outside the Lines, 60 Minutes, Nightline...they are all 'investigative reports' and they are almost always slanted to make the point of doing the thing to begin with..... If this guy is guilty he should be go to jail for life or lose his life..... terrible...but the report, none the less is very slanted to make Baylor look bad.... I just hope they never to a hit piece on us....
    Smilin Charlie Baker

Quote Originally Posted by smilinc View Post
    My point..... Outside the Lines, 60 Minutes, Nightline...they are all 'investigative reports' and they are almost always slanted to make the point of doing the thing to begin with..... If this guy is guilty he should be go to jail for life or lose his life..... terrible...but the report, none the less is very slanted to make Baylor look bad.... I just hope they never to a hit piece on us....
    You should try reading the entire article. Your post tells me you clearly didn't finish the article. "Elliott, who is serving a 20-year sentence at a prison in West Texas"
    Last edited by mdb-tpet; February 1st, 2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

Quote Originally Posted by smilinc View Post
    While there are some investigative reports that turn out to be false, the majority are true. The only "slant" in them are the unveiling of the story that shows the subject in a very bad light.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Baylol got good for a reason. They took shortcuts getting there using a lot of underhanded douchebaggery and scandalous means. I predict that the hammer will fall. Don't forget, this is Baylol we are talking about, not Florida State or Penn State. So don't think the NCAA wont make an example of them that sends them back into the stone age where they belong.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by tlockwood View Post
    This is going to get ugly quick.
    Yes they are in trouble. That title IX for diligence is cut and dry and it sounds like they were very lackadaisical, not sure if it was purposely or just lack of institutional control on the matters. Although my definition of sexual assault is rigid, I would like to read more into how these girls ended up "away" from the party. This stuff disgust me, and maybe educating on how to minimize your chances of being assaulted are taught. I have no confidence that the perpetrators are teachable, a few new ones will show up every year, but they need to eliminate them the 1st time, not the 6th, and there lies a pile of money and misery.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

I love college football as much as anyone on the planet, but, there's nothing on the planet worth being put ahead of the safety & well being of our kids..Nothing..I hope Baylor gets hammered into a FCS school..