Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns) - Page 48
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 612 to 624 of 672
  1. #612
    Football, Basketball Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burbs of Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,717

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by KillVols View Post
    Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean. I will just say think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it here. How may people do you know that are gang raped and don't go to the cops.. I think I will try the head football coach! Plus we live in a litigious society and everyone wants a pay day. Lastly there has been an attack on Christians everywhere in this nation and this is just one more nail in the coffin of common sense and reason. Crimes are for cops to investigate.

    http://watchdog.org/289489/another-f...ollege-campus/

    False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime.

    To ensure that everyone must “listen and believe” all accusers, these same activists — and their supporters in media and government — have forced college campuses to set up their own tribunals to punish the accused without providing due process.
    So if we don't agree on how to characterize Baylor University, you're going to insult and berate me into agreeing with your definition?

    Wow. Just wow, on so many different fronts.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #613
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,043

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Don't feed the troll.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #614
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,043

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    As a Baptist school, integrity to some sort of Christian principles should come first. They have apparently quit doing any background checks on coaches or recruits. It will be tough to be competitive but it can be done.
    Baylor isn't and hasn't been a Baptist school in the traditional sense in decades.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #615
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    6,462

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    So if we don't agree on how to characterize Baylor University, you're going to insult and berate me into agreeing with your definition?

    Wow. Just wow, on so many different fronts.
    Doesn't seem to be the Christian thing to do does it?

  6. #616

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by KillVols View Post
    Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean. I will just say think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it here. How may people do you know that are gang raped and don't go to the cops.. I think I will try the head football coach! Plus we live in a litigious society and everyone wants a pay day. Lastly there has been an attack on Christians everywhere in this nation and this is just one more nail in the coffin of common sense and reason. Crimes are for cops to investigate.

    http://watchdog.org/289489/another-f...ollege-campus/

    False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime.

    To ensure that everyone must “listen and believe” all accusers, these same activists — and their supporters in media and government — have forced college campuses to set up their own tribunals to punish the accused without providing due process.
    Take it down a notch, Baylor boy - you're supporting a filthy school.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; May 19th, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  7. #617

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Baylor isn't and hasn't been a Baptist school in the traditional sense in decades.
    http://www.baylor.edu/character/
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  8. #618
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,043

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Be that as it may your average SBC pastor does not view Baylor in any special light, nor does the university receive much in the way of funding. Increasingly, Baylor is a Baptist school in the same way that Wake Forest is Baptist.

    But I see your point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #619
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,043

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Couple of random thoughts before I get back to work:

    - Baylor has had almost a complete administrative turnover in both academics and athletics. I'm not sure how you punish them at this point.

    - The ... um....group activity that is alleged here is more than troubling. We've heard rumblings of this behavior at other schools, too - Minnesota, etc. I am worried that behavior is sort of common among college athletes - it can only spell trouble.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #620
    BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Florence, AL
    Posts
    6,447
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by KillVols View Post
    Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean...
    Just so we're clear, you're a complete joke just like Baylor University has become.


    Quote Originally Posted by KillVols View Post
    ...False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime...
    For some odd reason, whenever I read the word "heinous" it sounds like this:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e3cd9f5...8-f33766290b67
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

    Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

  11. #621

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  12. #622
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boaz, AL USA
    Posts
    8,951

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Baylor isn't and hasn't been a Baptist school in the traditional sense in decades.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was raised in a traditional, conservative Baptist home and attend church regularly at a First Baptist Church in my town. I trolled TCU boards a few years ago when we took Fran away from them. Right off the bat I realized the "C" in TCU was Christian in name only. One of the filthiest boards I was ever on, f-bombs in every post.

    A couple of years later I got on the Baylor board and, although not a bad as TCU, it was no place for "family" to visit. So, I can say their fans don't act any different than the so called 'worldly" churches. Honestly, as a Baptist, I was disappointed in both. I have not visited SMU or Wake Forest but I assume they are the same. Sad.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

  13. #623
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    13,665

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I did not know that the Baylor AD had moved to Liberty.
    maybe they are feeling the pressure of jumping into D1A football, but this guy needs to be on a short leash. LU has a fairly serious code of conduct for students and faculty.

  14. #624
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I was raised in a traditional, conservative Baptist home and attend church regularly at a First Baptist Church in my town. I trolled TCU boards a few years ago when we took Fran away from them. Right off the bat I realized the "C" in TCU was Christian in name only. One of the filthiest boards I was ever on, f-bombs in every post.

    A couple of years later I got on the Baylor board and, although not a bad as TCU, it was no place for "family" to visit. So, I can say their fans don't act any different than the so called 'worldly" churches. Honestly, as a Baptist, I was disappointed in both. I have not visited SMU or Wake Forest but I assume they are the same. Sad.
    Is it really a good idea to judge something by a discussion board? I don't see how.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!