Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Uh-oh, major charges, including LoIC: Baylor receives notice of allegations from NCAA for lack of institutional control

This is great news, though I doubt much will happen...
This is a useless penalty. Baylor is a shell of their former self. Now personally I don't care if they give them sanctions for 10 years, but it seems like piling on to me. NCAA should have done this two years ago IF BAYLOR VIOLATED rules. I am not taking up for Baylor I am saying NCAA should give themselves sanctions for dragging their feet or making up a new interpretation.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is a useless penalty. Baylor is a shell of their former self. Now personally I don't care if they give them sanctions for 10 years, but it seems like piling on to me. NCAA should have done this two years ago IF BAYLOR VIOLATED rules. I am not taking up for Baylor I am saying NCAA should give themselves sanctions for dragging their feet or making up a new interpretation.
Investigations take time. The NCAA learned they can't just an outside investigation to punish a program after the Penn State scandal.

Not sure they made up a new rule or anything this time, either. By going with LOIC, they cover their backsides with a broad definition.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
just when you think the Baylor story has finally faded away those morons find a way to bring it all back up.

Baylor had a Mole embed himself into local sexual assault survivor groups so they could feed info back to their PR firm.

https://deadspin.com/report-baylor-...tter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter
This stuff borders on the D.P. Though, I doubt the NCAA has the will to issue another penalty like they levied on SMU.

It just seems like Baylor didn't just decide to take the punishment and move on.

They deserve the most severe penalties that can be levied.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
45 minutes of deliberations? It takes that long to make introductions and elect a foreman.

The jury didn't just say the defendant didn't do it....they said there was no crime here.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
The jury didn't just say the defendant didn't do it....they said there was no crime here.
I am not sure what you can do based on the article. You have Oakman saying everything was consentual. His friends saying that he openly said what he planned to do with her and her response was a smirk. She deleted texts asking him to go out to the bar. Based on the article there was more then enough reasonable doubt.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
So what's the take from this? Baylor has major issues in this area but this guy wasn't part of it (at least not from a legal / criminal standpoint)? He's part of the legal / criminal issue but got away with it because his accuser had credibility issues? Briles et al. were run out of town when they needn't be? Briles turned a blind eye to what was happening - which may have been lawful but not moral?

Who knows?

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Some paid for hogwash report trying to help Briles get another coaching job at the college level. I had no idea the bastard was coaching High School football again

From the article:
“There is little attempt to hide the intent of the report. “The purpose of our review, as we understand, is to assist others in determining whether Coach Briles might be a candidate to coach football again at the collegiate level,” Hunt writes.”

• Facepalm
Reactions: B1GTide

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Some paid for hogwash report trying to help Briles get another coaching job at the college level. I had no idea the bastard was coaching High School football again

From the article:
“There is little attempt to hide the intent of the report. “The purpose of our review, as we understand, is to assist others in determining whether Coach Briles might be a candidate to coach football again at the collegiate level,” Hunt writes.”
Briles needs to contact my personal law firm here in atlamta. DEWEY,SKREWEM,AND HOWE. They are most excellent 😄

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.