Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns) - Page 53
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434647484950515253
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Chris Petersen warned Briles about one player that he cut at Boise St. and Briles took him anyway. So the AD knew about him as well. It's kind of pathetic they knowingly took a thug (who happened to be black) and now they are saying the black players are scape goats? Something isn't making sense.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...u-violent-past
    Tampa knowingly signed crablegs. It happens too often.

Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resign

just when you think the Baylor story has finally faded away those morons find a way to bring it all back up.

Baylor had a Mole embed himself into local sexual assault survivor groups so they could feed info back to their PR firm.

https://deadspin.com/report-baylor-s...adspin_twitter
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Not sure if that rates a like or a dislike..................oy vey...........
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Uh-oh, major charges, including LoIC: Baylor receives notice of allegations from NCAA for lack of institutional control

What's not clear is what particular NCAA bylaws were allegedly violated. Nineteen former football players were accused of sexual or domestic assault by 17 women from 2011-16. Lawsuits filed alleged higher numbers. Those cases were considered legal in nature and huge moral and ethical issue for Baylor, a flagship school of the Baptist faith.

Sources indicated that, specifically, players may have been allowed to play and/or practice in violation of NCAA rules while receiving extra benefits. What those extra benefits might have been aren't exactly clear. If those players were allowed on the field after being accused, they would have had to go through the school's regular disciplinary process. Whether that process would have required Briles to remove them from play while their cases were being adjudicated is not certain.

The notice doesn't appear to be similar to the Penn State case. In that situation, the NCAA Board of Directors said there was a violation of the NCAA's constitution in penalizing Penn State in the Jerry Sandusky scandal. That workaround did not require a formal investigation and enforcement process.
    This is great news, though I doubt much will happen...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Uh-oh, major charges, including LoIC: Baylor receives notice of allegations from NCAA for lack of institutional control

This is great news, though I doubt much will happen...
    This is a useless penalty. Baylor is a shell of their former self. Now personally I don't care if they give them sanctions for 10 years, but it seems like piling on to me. NCAA should have done this two years ago IF BAYLOR VIOLATED rules. I am not taking up for Baylor I am saying NCAA should give themselves sanctions for dragging their feet or making up a new interpretation.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    This is a useless penalty. Baylor is a shell of their former self. Now personally I don't care if they give them sanctions for 10 years, but it seems like piling on to me. NCAA should have done this two years ago IF BAYLOR VIOLATED rules. I am not taking up for Baylor I am saying NCAA should give themselves sanctions for dragging their feet or making up a new interpretation.
    Investigations take time. The NCAA learned they can't just an outside investigation to punish a program after the Penn State scandal.

Not sure they made up a new rule or anything this time, either. By going with LOIC, they cover their backsides with a broad definition.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    just when you think the Baylor story has finally faded away those morons find a way to bring it all back up.

Baylor had a Mole embed himself into local sexual assault survivor groups so they could feed info back to their PR firm.

https://deadspin.com/report-baylor-s...adspin_twitter
    This stuff borders on the D.P. Though, I doubt the NCAA has the will to issue another penalty like they levied on SMU.

It just seems like Baylor didn't just decide to take the punishment and move on.

They deserve the most severe penalties that can be levied.

8. October 2nd, 2018, 03:11 PM

Reason
    This is the football board, not non-sports - keep it on topic.

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/...9-3e4d60b08d19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

FB|BB Moderator

45 minutes of deliberations? It takes that long to make introductions and elect a foreman.

The jury didn't just say the defendant didn't do it....they said there was no crime here.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    The jury didn't just say the defendant didn't do it....they said there was no crime here.
    I am not sure what you can do based on the article. You have Oakman saying everything was consentual. His friends saying that he openly said what he planned to do with her and her response was a smirk. She deleted texts asking him to go out to the bar. Based on the article there was more then enough reasonable doubt.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

So what's the take from this? Baylor has major issues in this area but this guy wasn't part of it (at least not from a legal / criminal standpoint)? He's part of the legal / criminal issue but got away with it because his accuser had credibility issues? Briles et al. were run out of town when they needn't be? Briles turned a blind eye to what was happening - which may have been lawful but not moral?

Who knows?

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

Or, this one guy was innocent and the girl made up the rape claims. Why canít it be that simple for this one case?