Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
What in the Wide World of Sports is a-going on, down there?

("How 'bout some more beans, Mr. Taggart?"
"I think you boys done had enough.")

(Seems like Baylor hasn't yet.)

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
These last two firings were hires by the new football coach. Seems he doesn't quite know how to vet his hires. Maybe he should go as well.
But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the whole place was shut down. Death penalty for sports and the removal of accreditation for the school as a whole. Send a message that violence in any form, but especially against women, will not be tolerated. Ever.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nothing that I hear about that program surprises me anymore. Worse - parents continue to send their daughters to that school.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Nothing that I hear about that program surprises me anymore. Worse - parents continue to send their daughters to that school.
We went out there this summer and looked around for my child and then this stuff happened and we quickly marked them off the list. My fear is if this is the stuff that gets out in the news, what kind of stuff is really hidden out there?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I wound up staying up way too late last night watching the documentary “Disgraced”, which was about the Dave Bliss attempt to wiggle out of NCAA violations by claiming that murdered basketball player, Patrick Dennehy, was a drug dealer, in order to explain how he was able to afford school without a scholarship. It was very interesting, especially in light of what’s gone on there since then.
Perhaps the place should be burned to the ground, and the earth salted, to prevent any more rapes and/or murders.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
You have no idea what your talking about and you are "something else" for bringing this tread all the way back to the top just to post such a ridiculously stupid comments. I used "something else" as a place holder for the most vile insult you could put in its place. Use your imagination.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
You have no idea what your talking about and you are "something else" for bringing this tread all the way back to the top just to post such a ridiculously stupid comments. I used "something else" as a place holder for the most vile insult you could put in its place. Use your imagination.
Thank you for your tremendously insightful comments. I'll be sure to run anything else by you before I post in the future, since you are apparently the arbiter of what is and isn't stupid. Are you Dave's cousin?

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I just got thru watching that show. Dave Bliss is slime even worse than Art Briles. Every athletic program at that school should be shut down.

Thank you for your tremendously insightful comments. I'll be sure to run anything else by you before I post in the future, since you are apparently the arbiter of what is and isn't stupid. Are you Dave's cousin?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, if some folks are not mad enough, this one is out there:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...coaching-gig-after-scandalous-comments-040317

The former Baylor coach, who left the Bears after a player was murdered leading to a scandal, resigned on Monday from Southwestern Christian University in Oklahoma.

Bliss had been the Southwestern Christian coach since 2015. However, he found himself in controversy again after a Showtime documentary “Disgraced” aired about Baylor. In it, Bliss’ repeated claims about Patrick Dennehy being a drug dealer. Dennehy was murdered by a fellow teammate at Baylor, Carlton Dotson, in 2003.

Bliss resigned from Baylor after falsely portraying Dennehy as a drug dealer to cover up the fact that he paid for Dennehy’s tuition to play at Baylor.

Bliss repeated the accusations against Dennehy in “Disgraced” without offering any evidence.
Really can't blame Baylor, for Bliss' continued actions. But, it does involve something that did happen, at Baylor.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Well, if some folks are not mad enough, this one is out there:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...coaching-gig-after-scandalous-comments-040317

Really can't blame Baylor, for Bliss' continued actions. But, it does involve something that did happen, at Baylor.
Okay, enough is enough. I never thought any university should be shut down because of the actions of a few. That few should be dealt with. However, upon further review I think entire University should be shut down and not for what has happened. Those guilty should still be dealt with ..... but the entire place ought to be closed for impersonating intelligent people. This has been dragging on for over two years and still Baylor can't figure out what to do. Does anyone really want their children educated by people that STUPID and ineffective? SHUT IT DOWN FOR GOOD and let the students transfer to a place where they might get a decent education. OK, rant over but if I had a Baylor diploma I would hide it, not display it.

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
"Does anyone really want their children educated by people that STUPID and ineffective? SHUT IT DOWN FOR GOOD and let the students transfer to a place where they might get a decent education."

Not to mention not fear for their safety.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I truly hope The Rangers will finally do what's been years overdo & that's hold the folks accountable that needs to be held responsible starting with Briles..As much as I love college football it pales in comparison to the safety & well being of all our kids no matter the situation..Being a Dad of two Baby Girls this Baylor stuff has chapped my backside with folks at Baylor protecting their football program at all costs over the well being of those young Ladies that's been victimized..

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Well now we see just how to make a good living and do nothing. That is if you are a compliance officer or any other athletic department officer all you do is become SGT. Schultz: "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing." Shameful and unbelievable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.