Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)
Page 1 of 49 1234567811 ... LastLast

Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Tide-one-on's Avatar

Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

That is awful!!
    And a Big ROLL TIDE TO YOU!!!!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlanoBamaDad View Post
    They don't play defense, remember?

BamaNation First Team

This is going to get ugly quick.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

I hate to say this but I am not surprised. After Florida State I am not surprised that (really good) football and basketball players get away with just about anything.
    If there is no God then there is no reason to be an atheist.

Perhaps they could get references from Tallahassee

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

In light of the fact Baylor is the same school that had a basketball coach try to cover up the murder of one of his players by the other - why is anyone even remotely surprised at anything bad they hear about Baylor's athletic department?
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Sad to say, but they really don't care. If what happened at FSU and PSU has shown us nothing else, it has shown us that parents will still send their kids to these schools - so would Baylor change? Insurance and/or boosters will pay any settlements and Baylor will hire a few people to "educate" staff about Title IX, but nothing will change. Our society accepts this stuff and the government, which put Title IX into place, will not even threaten to pull their accreditation.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Sad to say, but they really don't care. If what happened at FSU and PSU has shown us nothing else, it has shown us that parents will still send their kids to these schools - so would Baylor change? Insurance and/or boosters will pay any settlements and Baylor will hire a few people to "educate" staff about Title IX, but nothing will change. Our society accepts this stuff and the government, which put Title IX into place, will not even threaten to pull their accreditation.
    My dream of utopia is a land where ALL RULES ARE ENFORCED and someone makes signs with the correct meaning. There will be no sign on a Burger King walk in cooler saying "this door must be kept closed at all times." You know at all times means it can never be opened. I know, this is being silly. But not really. Why does it not say what it surely means? "This door must be closed when not in use." We ran big machines at work and everyone had sticker waning that the operator manual must be read before running the machine. Ha. Like that ever happened. But guess what? Our company prided itself on following instructions. Yes, it was a big deal.

Anyway, the NCAA (like everything else) only enforced what it wants to and the rest if out there to get us fired if we don't go by the rules which don't mean what they say anyway.
    If there is no God then there is no reason to be an atheist.

BamaNation All-American

I'm shocked that such a fine University as Baylor, and such a thorough institution as the NCAA have ignored / covered up / broken open records laws on this.

Seriously, my only surprise is that anyone would be surprised. Unlike FSU, where they've had the requisite number of instances and time to perfect their stonewalling, I guess Baylor just hasn't had the experience necessary to fully climb the learning curve.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Certainly a bad situation for the victims, but I'm not going to jump on the "bash the university" bandwagon. For example, the following from the article doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me, especially with respect to healthcare.

A few days later, she said she contacted Baylor's student health center, seeking counseling.
    There is no one who can see you now. You could, though, put your name on a waiting list. Maybe you should see someone off campus.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 17-Time World Champions: 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

I don't blame this on the university. I blame this on the government and the parents. If the government would allow you to tear these kids tail up like it was when I was a kid there would be none of this. The parents also have to teach their kids right from wrong. Dads leaving at young ages and never having anything to do with their kids. It's just wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When these stories come up I always wonder why athletes at major universities have to result to force in order to achieve intercourse. You would think that most athletes could be with somebody without the use of force. I get that sometimes it's about power and not the act. Just a sad situation..