Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Clearly rape doesn't meet that criteria for you, or for just about anyone else here. I was just wondering if murder would. You make it sound like you might be willing to give them a pass for murder under certain scenarios.
I'll be honest - you're typically pretty level-headed, but you're way off base on this one, imo. Blaming everyone in an organization because a handful did something - even something awful - isn't the right way to handle it.

I mean, according to your line of thinking, the Allies should have put every German soldier to death after WWII. Do you see how insane that sounds?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'll be honest - you're typically pretty level-headed, but you're way off base on this one, imo. Blaming everyone in an organization because a handful did something - even something awful - isn't the right way to handle it.

I mean, according to your line of thinking, the Allies should have put every German soldier to death after WWII. Do you see how insane that sounds?
No, I am not saying that they deserve to be punished - never said that. What I said is that action needs to be taken which will stop this madness, even if it means that some innocent people need to become casualties.

You realize that most of the people who die in wars are innocent bystanders, and most of the people killed by the Allies were innocent bystanders. Countless times troops had to kill innocents - knowingly kill innocents - to accomplish a mission. But those steps were necessary. Without them, we lose the war and the horrors continue, resulting in far more innocent casualties.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's evident you are serious about this because of some personal experiences, but if you're going to argue, why not have the facts correct?
Fair enough - I have been informed of them and accept them. So why not answer my question? Because the answer is obvious, and it doesn't support your point of view.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Seriously? What if there were 500 rapes? 1,000? 10,000? So, if these were murders covered up on campus, we should still let it go? How bad do things have to get in America before we abandon the "too big to fail" mentality? It is disgusting.

Probably not a good comparison, but when has that stopped me before?

So, I'll just drop this one, and let y'all continue to bash each other.

Dave Bliss.

OK, some links for those who are too young to remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Bliss

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Fair enough - I have been informed of them and accept them. So why not answer my question? Because the answer is obvious, and it doesn't support your point of view.
I have answered. Told you I don't know a specific thing because each case is different.

This isn't black and white like you want to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
No, I am not saying that they deserve to be punished - never said that. What I said is that action needs to be taken which will stop this madness, even if it means that some innocent people need to become casualties.

You realize that most of the people who die in wars are innocent bystanders, and most of the people killed by the Allies were innocent bystanders. Countless times troops had to kill innocents - knowingly kill innocents - to accomplish a mission. But those steps were necessary. Without them, we lose the war and the horrors continue, resulting in far more innocent casualties.
You're talk about ruining an entire city - and not a small one. That's not a few casualties. It's an atomic bomb. And I can accept a death penalty to a football program in certain cases but I'll never consent to cancelling the English department because the football team went bonkers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You're talk about ruining an entire city - and not a small one. That's not a few casualties. It's an atomic bomb. And I can accept a death penalty to a football program in certain cases but I'll never consent to cancelling the English department because the football team went bonkers.
Of course not - look at your user name. Even if these were 50 murders, some folks would never agree to do what is necessary. This is what we have become - an nation chock full of organizations which cannot be touched because they are too big to be allowed to fail. That is my point. It is why no banks were allowed to fail in 2008 even though millions of Americans lost everything and a global recession was precipitated by their greed. This happened because those banks knew that the government would never shut them down, or even allow them to go down under the weight of their own corruption.

It is exactly this kind of thinking that has already doomed this country - probably all of western civilization.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Maybe, just maybe it's not what you keep alluding to (too big to fail) - maybe it's simply about what other people consider just. You're obviously emotionally involved in this and, imo, it's clouding your judgment.

With that, I'm out of this part of the discussion. It's crossed into weird territory.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe, just maybe it's not what you keep alluding to (too big to fail) - maybe it's simply about what other people consider just.
I would accept that except there seems to be no scenario in which folks would be willing to shut down an institution like this. I long since said that Baylor, in this scenario, should only suffer a football punishment.

At any rate, you are right. This has been beat to death by me, so I'll drop it. We certainly aren't going to solve the world's problems here on TideFans.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

That's the unfortunate reality of war. It's all about killing people and breaking things until one side decides it's had enough and can endure no more.

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
So I see on EPSN this morning that yet another Baylor football player has been suspended indefinitely for assault on a female student. So much for their care and concern and promises to make things right. They are basically thumbing their noses at the NCAA and academia in general. The death penalty is not good enough for both the sports programs and the institution. SHUT EM DOWN!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
So I see on EPSN this morning that yet another Baylor football player has been suspended indefinitely for assault on a female student. So much for their care and concern and promises to make things right. They are basically thumbing their noses at the NCAA and academia in general. The death penalty is not good enough for both the sports programs and the institution. SHUT EM DOWN!
I would like to be a fly on the wall to get a first hand account of the culture down there. With stuff like this continually coming out I envision something along the lines of anarchy. This is nuts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.