Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
You continue to make these type comments but haven't given any reason Briles is innocent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly!!! These Briles defenders/apologists show up on every message board with comments along the lines of "you guys don't know the true story". However they never state what the "truth" actually is. The conspiracy theory makes no sense. The President, AD, and HC are gone because of this scandal. Who is this mythical entity that the school is trying to protect by scapegoating their successful, multimillion dollar program building head coach. Even the wildest conspiracy theories normally wind their way to a conclusion that would be beneficial to the co-conspirators. This one does not. When they are questioned, these guys normally fall-back on some sort of accusation that the Longhorn PTB are responsible. They make the barners look sane.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

New Baylor lawsuit cites 52 rapes by football players in 4 years, amid 'show 'em a good time' culture

A Baylor University graduate who says she was raped by two football players in 2013 sued the university Friday. Her lawsuit includes an allegation that 31 Baylor football players committed 52 acts of rape, including five gang rapes, between 2011 and 2014 -- an estimate that far exceeds the number previously provided by school regents.

The woman, identified in the suit as Elizabeth Doe, reports being brutally gang raped by then-Baylor football players Tre'Von Armstead and Shamycheal Chatman after a party on April 18, 2013.

Those football players were previously named as suspects in a police report about a rape on that date, but were never charged.

The woman has sued Baylor for Title IX violations and negligence.

She says that Chatman was accused of rape once before and the university failed to intervene. In that case, the suit says, a student athletic trainer reported that Chatman raped her at his off-campus apartment, so the university moved the trainer to a female sports team and agreed to pay for her education in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
They need to shut that program down. If they were willing to allow this to go on there is no telling what else was going on there.
IMO there is NO WAY Art Briles didn't know what was going on.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Goodness, SMH

And of course Art Briles has no knowledge of any of this.
From RTR's article:

Former assistant coach Kendal Briles -- the son of the head coach -- once told a Dallas area student athlete, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players," according to the suit.

I hope this is an important lesson to my fellow Barners that were willing to take such a risk. I argued against hiring Briles (either of them) for months and here's why.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The NCAA really needs to find a way to end the hostess system in my opinion. I know people complain about petty NCAA rules but college sports been down this path with hostesses several times over the last decade or so. Call a spade a spade. The system is implicitly sexist and explicitly troublesome for educational institutions to be involved in propping up in the name of male athletic recruitment. Do we have beefcakes walking female athletes around campuses showing them good times? I venture to bet we do not...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
From Wylie's article:

I hope this is an important lesson to my fellow Barners that were willing to take such a risk. I argued against hiring Briles (either of them) for months and here's why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Can't speak for ITAT but that attitude has vanished on AUFamily and tRant. I'm having a good time with the "I tried to warn you guys" posts on AUFamily, but the majority of the "Just Win, Baby!" crowd are being awfully quiet. :rolleyes:
Imagine they are quiet right now, but I believe they are still out there

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Can't speak for ITAT but that attitude has vanished on AUFamily and tRant. I'm having a good time with the "I tried to warn you guys" posts on AUFamily, but the majority of the "Just Win, Baby!" crowd are being awfully quiet. :rolleyes:
Oh, and I applaud you for taking a stand against such a hire based on integrity as a fan base and the program

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Oh, and I applaud you for taking a stand against such a higher based on integrity as a fan base and the program
Thanks. Was far from alone in that. The ones that wanted Briles were a minority, after all.

Won't lie. There's a certain amount of schadenfreude involved. In some cases there was mockery. "This is the kind of thinking that results in 8 wins every year!" or "It's unproven!" Yeah well some things are more important than selling out for wins and they're hopefully learning that lesson.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.