Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean. I will just say think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it here. How may people do you know that are gang raped and don't go to the cops.. I think I will try the head football coach! Plus we live in a litigious society and everyone wants a pay day. Lastly there has been an attack on Christians everywhere in this nation and this is just one more nail in the coffin of common sense and reason. Crimes are for cops to investigate.

http://watchdog.org/289489/another-false-accusation-rape-college-campus/

False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime.

To ensure that everyone must “listen and believe” all accusers, these same activists — and their supporters in media and government — have forced college campuses to set up their own tribunals to punish the accused without providing due process.
Take it down a notch, Baylor boy - you're supporting a filthy school.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Couple of random thoughts before I get back to work:

- Baylor has had almost a complete administrative turnover in both academics and athletics. I'm not sure how you punish them at this point.

- The ... um....group activity that is alleged here is more than troubling. We've heard rumblings of this behavior at other schools, too - Minnesota, etc. I am worried that behavior is sort of common among college athletes - it can only spell trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean...
Just so we're clear, you're a complete joke just like Baylor University has become.

...False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime...
For some odd reason, whenever I read the word "heinous" it sounds like this:
[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e3cd9f5d-e7b5-4eec-8e18-f33766290b67[/video]
:biggrin2:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Baylor isn't and hasn't been a Baptist school in the traditional sense in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was raised in a traditional, conservative Baptist home and attend church regularly at a First Baptist Church in my town. I trolled TCU boards a few years ago when we took Fran away from them. Right off the bat I realized the "C" in TCU was Christian in name only. One of the filthiest boards I was ever on, f-bombs in every post.

A couple of years later I got on the Baylor board and, although not a bad as TCU, it was no place for "family" to visit. So, I can say their fans don't act any different than the so called 'worldly" churches. Honestly, as a Baptist, I was disappointed in both. I have not visited SMU or Wake Forest but I assume they are the same. Sad.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I was raised in a traditional, conservative Baptist home and attend church regularly at a First Baptist Church in my town. I trolled TCU boards a few years ago when we took Fran away from them. Right off the bat I realized the "C" in TCU was Christian in name only. One of the filthiest boards I was ever on, f-bombs in every post.

A couple of years later I got on the Baylor board and, although not a bad as TCU, it was no place for "family" to visit. So, I can say their fans don't act any different than the so called 'worldly" churches. Honestly, as a Baptist, I was disappointed in both. I have not visited SMU or Wake Forest but I assume they are the same. Sad.
Is it really a good idea to judge something by a discussion board? I don't see how.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not going to happen, but the drumbeat for Baylor to shut the football program down is growing: http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-put-morality-over-money-goodness-over-glory/

Enough is enough. This school does not deserve football. The Big 12 should abhor Baylor as a football member. And the NCAA should recoil from this warped manifestation of the sports-above-all-wink-wink culture that pervades college athletics and that, according to these allegations in the seventh Title IX lawsuit directed at this football program , found its most depraved form.

It's up to Baylor to self-impose the end of its football program. It sounds impossible to hope a university actually would value important things over sports when those sports become horror shows, but this school is specifically poised to do right -- be bold and brave in the face of what would be a vastly unpopular move.

Baylor is a Baptist university with a deeply felt -- and, one hopes, deeply lived -- Christian worldview. To ask what Christ would do is more than appropriate given the mission of this school, how its faith permeates its culture and how that Christian approach permeates the recruitment of athletes -- the promise to parents that God will be present in the athletic department and the very nature of how things work at the university. Coaches, for example, are strongly discouraged from swearing.

In that orthodox climate -- I write this as a person of faith -- please value morality over money, goodness over glory, faith over football.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Is it really a good idea to judge something by a discussion board? I don't see how.
You could be right about that since it is not a requirement to make a "statement of Faith" to join the board. Maybe it was my perception that a TCU and Baylor Board should be above constant f-bombs. However, it was also my perception that a major university should be above supporting rape and gang rape. Especially a Religious University.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
What lessons has Baylor learned? Click

If they are going to have a football program at least they have a coach who seems to understand the issue and taking steps to fix it. I think I might like this guy.

Rhule said he's addressing Baylor's previous problems directly, and he's being much more direct with his players and coaches about what's acceptable behavior and what's not. "It's gotten much more graphic and much more explicit," Rhule said."I think one thing I'll say -- and I feel very passionately about this -- is so often football coaches say, 'Of course, I'm against rape. I have two young girls.' To me, it's not just the fact that I have girls in my life is why I don't believe in rape. When you communicate like that with football players or any young people, they begin, in my mind, to differentiate between women they know and love and women who they don't know, and then they don't place any value on them.

"We talk about what it means to be a man, and a major part of that is not just how to treat your mom, but how to treat all women, the way to be respectful to all women, how to look at women, how to speak to women and how to treat women each and every day."

Nearly every weekend, Baylor football players receive a text message from Bears coach Matt Rhule, who reminds them to be respectful toward women and how he expects his team to act off the field.The players typically receive the text messages Thursday or Friday starting around 7 p.m. Then another one follows at 9 p.m., 11 p.m., 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

"That's not because we're at Baylor," Rhule said. "That's because I'm dealing with 18- to 23-year-old kids, and I feel a responsibility just like I would feel for my son."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Baylor says NCAA investigation is 'ongoing, pending'

Baylor University officials say the school is being investigated by the NCAA in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of football coach Art Briles and the departure of the school president.

In a legal filing last week, Baylor lawyers told a federal judge the NCAA probe is "an ongoing, pending investigation." Attorneys for several women suing the school have demanded Baylor turn over its communications with the NCAA. A Baylor spokeswoman declined further comment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.