*** DL Raekwon Davis Signs With Alabama ***

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
This is not a guarantee that he is going to Jones County Junior College, but he has sent in his LOI just in case he does not make the grades. Has work to do but Tide staff taking a chance that he does qualify.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Wow this helps with some of the depth concerns, assuming he gets to camp ready to compete. He really seemed to be one of our most battle ready guys I thought and I really didn't want to have to recruit him again in 2 years haha.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
At 6'7 315 he is a plug and play option! You know Saban and Bo Davis are loving that they'll have him and Jamar King rotating on the line with Johnathan Allen, Dashan Hand, Daron Payne and Tomlinson. This D-Line is starting to add some much needed depth!!! RTR!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
At 6'7 315 he is a plug and play option! You know Saban and Bo Davis are loving that they'll have him and Jamar King rotating on the line with Johnathan Allen, Dashan Hand, Daron Payne and Tomlinson. This D-Line is starting to add some much needed depth!!! RTR!
If we could somehow land Mr. Coatney, we could actually be in pretty good shape rotation wise. I think the prevailing wisdom is that he`s Grove bound, is it not, however?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Is Davis a guy who can come in and contribute right away or will he need a few years in the S&C program before he's ready?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Is Davis a guy who can come in and contribute right away or will he need a few years in the S&C program before he's ready?
Physically he looks very ready to me but you really want know until the pads are on. I think if he picks up the playbook he can make a good contribution this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Speaking of Jamar King, I just saw where is 26 y/o. He spent time in the military so we are getting a mature player.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

4-star Alabama signee 'working to be eligible'

One of Alabama's top signees in the class of 2016 is "on course to be eligible" but still needs to work on a few things.

Raekwon Davis, a four-star defensive end from Meridian (Miss.), told SEC Country last week that he was qualified to enroll at Alabama this summer. Davis appears to be well on his way to achieving that, especially after a recent bump in his ACT score, but he still is in the process of finishing the school year strong academically.

"He's working to be eligible," Meridian coach Calvin Hampton told AL.com. "He's on course to be eligible."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.