***2017 JUCO DE Isaiah Buggs SIGNS LOI with Bama***

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: ***2017 JUCO DE Isaiah Buggs Commits to Bama***

Welcome to Bama Isaiah..The corndog meltdown on The SECRant his commitment to Bama is causing tells me just how big of a commitment Mr Buggs truly is for us..LSU fans must have been pretty sure he was going to LSU from the replies I've read & the Swamp Kitten meltdown this is causing..

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

HUGE PICKUP welcome sir!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

make no mistake folks, this is a huge pick up. not only does Buggs fill a position of need and most likely will contribute next season , but Bama essentially went into LSU backyard once again and snagged the top Louisiana prospect . getting Moses and Allen was awesome, but Bama was already having an impressive haul at LB even without the La. guys. Buggs has been an LSU lean since high school and even when he went the JUCO route he was still a LSU lean. Bama sent Coach Burns, Dunbar, and Pruitt to see him and eventually a home visit from the master himself and that was the nail in the coffin for LSU. the uncertainty in their coaching staff was one of the reasons Buggs cited why he chose Bama over the tigers.
the LSU mods and posters are not even trying to disguise their meltdown over this loss.
some other scouting services have him rated a 5 star, watching his highlights, it's understandable why some services think so. He is a taller and bigger Jonathan Allen at this point. he's only a sophomore, class of 2015.
With our proven record of developing defensive players, Buggs can be elite. his current size has room to grow and he can be effective in our 3-4 schemes as a DT. if he stays as is ( 6'4 280-290 lbs range) he will play DE.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Is this no. 25? How many we taking in this class?
Good chance everyone committed right now will not be part of the class due to flipping, grades, or whatever. I know there are two or three committed at this moment that probably will not sign with Bama.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Care to enlighten us on who they are? I can guess Dean and possibly Byers but aside from that can't think of anyone else.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Care to enlighten us on who they are? I can guess Dean and possibly Byers but aside from that can't think of anyone else.
Those two and we have a couple commits at tackle that have been taking visits would not shock me if we lost one of those guys.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Those two and we have a couple commits at tackle that have been taking visits would not shock me if we lost one of those guys.
I don't think we lose any OL. The staff may tell some they will greyshirt or some may be asked to look eleswhere. No specifics but this is how it has been done in the past.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I don't think we lose any OL. The staff may tell some they will greyshirt or some may be asked to look eleswhere. No specifics but this is how it has been done in the past.
Cool sounds good, my buddy keeps up with recruiting alot more than me and he knows some people in T-town that are pretty accurate on what they say . He did not give me a name but just mentioned that position as one to watch as far as making numbers work.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

agreed. Brannon maybe ask to greyshirt. Randolph will likely redshirt. Leatherwood and Baker are keeps and will be in the mix come Spring.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

agreed. Brannon maybe ask to greyshirt. Randolph will likely redshirt. Leatherwood and Baker are keeps and will be in the mix come Spring.
Brannon would be the one I would think may greyshirt and agree on Randolph getting a RS. And when I said some may be asked to look elsewhere I was not meaning any OL.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

This was the first I've ever heard of such a thing: there are sore-tailed tigahs accusing Isaiah of committing to us because he wanted to take the easy way out by playing for a team that's always going to be playing for the championship. IOW, by playing on a team of all-stars, he won't have work as hard to win. I can't even think of what to say to someone like that with that kind of stupid line of reasoning as to why a kid would sign with us. They're getting downright auburnish about us. We are so much in their heads...

:p_green:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

This was the first I've ever heard of such a thing: there are sore-tailed tigahs accusing Isaiah of committing to us because he wanted to take the easy way out by playing for a team that's always going to be playing for the championship. IOW, by playing on a team of all-stars, he won't have work as hard to win. I can't even think of what to say to someone like that with that kind of stupid line of reasoning as to why a kid would sign with us. They're getting downright auburnish about us. We are so much in their heads...

:p_green:
well, we did banish them from this board for a while....so, it is nothing new to the fanbase

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.