GA News: OnlineAthens - Keith Marshall impresses at NFL combine in 40-yard dash

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
February 26th, 2016 03:00 PM

Keith Marshall may not have made much noise last season at Georgia, but the running back is showing off what he could have to offer to pro teams this week at the NFL combine.
Marshall opened eyes Friday in Indianapolis with a blazing official 40-yard dash time of 4.31., according to NFL.com, nearly what his former Bulldogs teammate and NFL rookie of the year Todd Gurley tweeted beforehand.
@Truth4 4.3 coming soon,” Gurley tweeted before Marshall ran referring to Marshall's Twitter handle.Marshall was the fastest in the 40 on Friday. He ran unofficial times of 4.29 and 4.31 creating a buzz.
“He hasn’t played much football and this is a young man taking advantage of an opportunity,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said.
Marshall already had the most 225-pound bench press reps for running backs on Thursday with 25.
.@FootballUGA's Keith Marshall with the fastest 40 of the day: 4.29u. pic.twitter.com/V2og5F26Av
— NFL (@NFL) February 26, 2016
The Raleigh, N.C., native was Georgia’s third-leading rusher last season with 350 yards and three touchdowns on 68 carries when he was bothered by an ankle injury. He had a season-high 14 carries for 68 yards in Georgia’s bowl win against Penn State.
Marshall rushed for 1,385 yards and 12 touchdowns in his career, but was lost with a season-ending knee injury five games into the 2013 season and was limited to just three games in 2014 when he saw limited playing time. He opted to enter the draft instead of returning for a final college season.
“I don’t doubt his talent level,” his father Warren Marshall, a sixth-round running back draft pick by Denver in 1987, said in November. “I’ve been around the game a long time at every level and I’ve watched college players. He’s definitely one of the better running backs that’s coming out. He just doesn’t have the resume right now because of a couple of down years.”

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.