Game 3: North Dakota

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
About as good a start to the season as they could've hoped for when they took the field 9 days ago. Pitching has been solid, bats have been solid for the most part. Georgie seems to be coming on, just need more production from the 8 spot whether it's DeVinny or Haynie. A combined 1-23 with 10 K's will bite us... Seems they are alternating starts right now, DeVinny is the better bat so wouldn't be surprised if they start giving him more at bats during weekend series and sub in Haynie late defensively as he is probably the better defensive option right now.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I was at this game. The building is pretty impressive.

They were hitting Eich pretty hard and after the game Chris said he had a forearm strain. Looked like something was wrong because he stayed in trouble. Duarte did pretty well. Foster and Burrows were money. We hit a few balls hard right at people, and were patient enough at the plate, but imo the offense is still up in the air. North Dakota has solid starting pitching but their relievers aren't on par with ours.

I agree that I would have taken 6-1 any day of the week to start with. Now we have a very tough two week stretch where we will play some really good teams. If we get through this with a winning record (over the next nine games, I mean) I will think we have taken a step forward. We have arms and a good nucleus of young players. We will see how far they can take us.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.