Taking a look at RPI, SOS and SEC stats

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
Hey guys
Got a couple of links for RPI and SOS plus SEC stats so far. I have broken out the SEC teams
from the RPI/SOS link. They are as follows.

RPI: Vandy #9, Ole Miss #12, Florida #14, South Carolina #16, Bama #17, Georgia #50,
LSU #51, Tenn #66, TAM #89, Kentucky #97, Miss St. #109, Ark. #192, Barn #213
Mizzou #100

SOS(strength of schedule) Georgia #43, Bama #44, USC #52, Ole Miss #53, Vandy #69,
Florida #98, Tenn #128, Miss St. #135, LSU #137, Kentucky #155,
Barn #197, Mizzou #200, TAM #251 and Ark # 278

Very clear looking at SEC stats where Bama strengths are against some non SEC teams.
Pitching has been very good ranking #1 in the SEC and on the flip side. Oh yes, offense
is #14. I know that the other teams that are ranked ahead of us have also played some
weaker teams early. Going forward into SEC play starting next Friday at LSU. Anyone liking
our offense to get better? What gives you reason? One last thing, Baseball America has now
ranked Bama #22. RTR!

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2016/rpi

http://assets.espn.go.com/sec/baseball/2016/lgteams.htm

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I will say that our offense has surprised me before by actually playing better once we get into league play.

Our SoS actually fell by quite a lot by playing in the tournament in North Carolina, even with us playing Notre Dame and North Carolina State. Going into the weekend I had seen our SoS as low as #23.

This is a very tough stretch and only an elite team would expect to come out of it looking really good, but I think we will hold our own.

rtr

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
These next 4 games will be the test. If we come out 2-2 or better we stand a chance to make some noise. If we go 0-4 or 1-3, I think it will be another 12-14 SEC campaign. Oregon's pitching is supposed to be legit (Not sure if we are facing 1 of their big 3 or not). Houston isn't a joke either. Tough test for Alabama no doubt.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I wonder if Mitch will throw Bramblett against Oregon and then insert one of the other guys into the Houston series? We do have good depth in the rotation.

rtr

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Got to get some production from the C spot. Lineup is not good enough for Haynie to play the majority of weekend games batting .042 with a .148OBP.

Would like to see DeVinny get a few more shots as he is batting .176 with a .318 OBP. Not great but, has had multiple hard hit shots that found a glove. He batted .257 with a .369 OBP earning freshman B12 honors at K-St before transferring to BAMA.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
I wonder if Mitch will throw Bramblett against Oregon and then insert one of the other guys into the Houston series? We do have good depth in the rotation.

rtr
I just saw CMG press conference saying he will start Keller against Oregon. Bramblet and Walters start Friday and Saturday against Houston. Sunday starter will be determined later as Eichholtz is out. Still have big concerns about run production and averaging 8ks per game. We will see if that will change.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Our SoS took a nosedive over the weekend as some of the teams we have played earlier have wound up struggling so far. Last time I looked our RPI was in the 70's, down from the peak we had earlier.

Of course, the SoS is about to start climbing again.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.