Beating a dead horse...

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
this crap is getting very old. 12th in the conference in hitting (.252)...dead last in slugging % (.346)...dead last in on base (.342)...dead last in runs scored (106)...dead last in hits (196)...dead last in RBI (100)... and it goes on, dead last in almost every offensive statistic.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Indeed. Why would it be any different than it has been?

These kids all have good numbers coming out of high school. Yet here it's like they regress year after year. Doogie kind of defied that pattern, but what about a guy like Salem, who seemed to be a legit leadoff man when he showed up here?

I said on another board that in my opinion it's all mental and how the guys are approaching the games. I really believe that. We can score 6-7 runs against an SEC team's ace, but we score five runs in four middies? Really?

rtr

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
this crap is getting very old. 12th in the conference in hitting (.252)...dead last in slugging % (.346)...dead last in on base (.342)...dead last in runs scored (106)...dead last in hits (196)...dead last in RBI (100)... and it goes on, dead last in almost every offensive statistic.
Just more evidence that Gaspard and the great Andy Phillips will no longer be coaching in Tuscaloosa next season. And nor should they. The pitching has been great- but something tells me the grind of the season will wear on those guys. $45 million spent on the stadium should change the requirements of the success level in Tuscaloosa. Making a regional is the minimum requirement this year- and they are going to be hard pressed to do that even with a favorable conference schedule.:mad:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.