Tesla unveils its Model 3 sedan in bid for mass appeal

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I love that kind of driving experience, too. It always seemed kind of stupid to me for someone to have a performance car with an automatic. I have a friend with a Corvette that's an automatic. I love him, so I've never told him he's an idiot. I drove it once and the feel and sound was great, but without shifting, I felt like my whole life was a lie. I have another friend with a completely cherry '74 260Z. It's no a true muscle car, but I drive it every chance I get. Just a blast. I once drove a Cobra (kit car, nobody's gonna let me drive the real thing). But, it did have a 427 and was built to be as close to original specs and equipment as possible. It was probably the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.
These are similar reasons that I won't let my wife sell the Miata, although I drive it rarely these days...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I dont think Tesla has announced the official range figures yet. Musk hinted on Twitter last year that the upcoming Model 3 electric car — which Musk said last year would get at least 215 miles of range — will have a greater range than its closest competitor, the Chevy Bolt, which can go an EPA-estimated 238 miles on a full charge. I've been looking in to the Bolt but require a round trip of 340 miles so a recharge in the middle is required. I believe the Bolt uses a Level 2: J1772. I think as of now the Bolt will charge at 32 amps at 240 volts = 7.68 kW – giving the car 25 miles of charge per hour.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.