What are your favorite candy bars?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
bayoutider said:
Ever wonder what happened to some of the candy bars you don't see very often or not at all anymore?

Where are the Chunkey, Zagnut, Bunn, Mallo cups, Forever Yours I didn't know had been renamed, Powerhouse bar, Butternut, Cherry Hump, Pom POms, Black Cow? Oh, Chicken Dinner I haven't seen in ages and you used to get rootbeer barrels in a box like Jr. Mints.
As a kid, I really wasn't that crazy about candy, but one of my favorites back then was Gold Bricks. Anyone remember them? They were pretty small, made of chocolate and chopped up nuts and wrapped in a gold colored wrapper. Wonder if they're still on the market anywhere?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
TommyMac said:
As a kid, I really wasn't that crazy about candy, but one of my favorites back then was Gold Bricks. Anyone remember them? They were pretty small, made of chocolate and chopped up nuts and wrapped in a gold colored wrapper. Wonder if they're still on the market anywhere?
Hurry on down to WallMart or the grocery store where the Easter candy is. There should be a whole shelf full of Goldbrick eggs.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
BamaLuver said:
I just started to say the same thing -- I only see the Goldbricks @ Easter.
I'm going to load up on easter eggs tomorrow at the grocery store. Goldbrick eggs, Heavenly Hash Eggs, Cadberry eggs, marshmallow peeps and wabbits, and maybe a milk chocolate rabbit or two.

I wonder if I could do a fondue using a milk chocolate wabbit and a package of marshmallow wabbits with a dash of Grand Mariner and a little cream? Might have to toss in a few Kraft caramels just to be safe. ;) Chop up some Angel Food Cake, banana, apple and strawberries to dip. Watch out bathroom scales.

CnW

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
bayoutider said:
Yep google is a powerful tool. Wish more people knew how to use it but then there would be less discussion. :)

Last summer I had a craving for some Mallow Cups and that was after actually finding two in a grocery store one day. Never saw any more there. I also bought the last Cherry Smash they had in a box. I found Mallow Cups and many others but the cost of around $30 for a box of 24 and the hot summer weather scared me off. I could just see a box with a melted $30 chocolate and marshmallow mess inside. Now would be a good time to order some.
Mallo Cups- You are talking about marshmallow creme inside with chocolate covering it like Resse cups right. If so, sometimes I run across a 6 pack, sort of small but dirt cheap $1.00. They may be a tad smaller than Reese cups.

Last edited:

ga_tide_fan

1st Team
Aug 13, 2001
Griffin, GA.
Chunky

I found a store less than a mile from my house that sells Chunky's by the box. I am going to gain 50 lbs. this month. They do sell them individually as well. They are pricey but are my favorite.

I will eat a Skor every now and then too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.