**** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama **** (arrived 1/8)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: **** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

Tua: “I'm honored to play in the Army Game”

Tagovailoa verbally committed to Alabama May 2. He said he plans to officially visit Alabama December 9.

The early enrollee said he mostly talks to his recruiter of record, Tosh Lupoi, and head coach Nick Saban for Alabama.

He said he doesn’t communicate much with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin is rumored to potentially be heading to LSU in the same role for new Tigers coach Ed Orgeron, who offered Tagovailoa Monday evening.

“That was a blessing to get that offer,” Tagovailoa said. “I’m not sure if I’ll be able to visit there. That’s something I’ll have to talk over with my family. Any offer is a blessing.”

Tagovailoa said Kiffin’s status ‘doesn’t matter’ as he’s solid with Alabama. He’s excited to be part of the nation’s elite recruiting class.

“It’s No. 1,” Tagovailoa said. “I can’t wait to compete against the best. That’s how you get better.”

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

I'm trying to figure out how Tua can be voted High School Player of the Year, but not be a consensus 5 Star recruit?

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

I'm trying to figure out how Tua can be voted High School Player of the Year, but not be a consensus 5 Star recruit?
If you're referring to Gatorade Player of the Year, I believe that was for the state of Hawaii only. I don't disagree that he should be a five star, but most sites put a limit on how many five stars they have. And there's a lot of really good players in this class.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

If you're referring to Gatorade Player of the Year, I believe that was for the state of Hawaii only. I don't disagree that he should be a five star, but most sites put a limit on how many five stars they have. And there's a lot of really good players in this class.
he gets a knock because Hawai'i competition isn't exactly the greatest. but he did test well at camps, etc.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Won the Elite 11, IIRC. The video on him going through that is great viewing. He's got a real live arm, lefty too.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Great news on Tua! No disrespect to any of the other highly touted quarterbacks we've had at Alabama but I believe Tua will make the biggest impact as soon as he gets on campus. JMHO Roll Tide!

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Hurts did great, but he better get a little more consistently accurate with his arm, or believe it or not, Tua could give him a run for his money.

Do you think Tua is playing in the all-star game, and not QB-ing the Bama scout team (like Hurts did last year) because he is a lefty?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Hurts did great, but he better get a little more consistently accurate with his arm, or believe it or not, Tua could give him a run for his money.

Do you think Tua is playing in the all-star game, and not QB-ing the Bama scout team (like Hurts did last year) because he is a lefty?
It would probably be difficult to displace Jalen, but I wouldn`t at all be surprised if the competition at QB is stiffer than many would expect it to be.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Just being at practice pushing Jalen is a good thing. Hopefully he will push Jalen to be better while improving his own game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

He looks to have a pure throwing motion like he's a protypical qb, but then when he takes off running, is it just me or does he look faster than Jalen???

It's hard to imagine him unseating JH but if Jalen has an injury I feel really good about this guy as a backup...even next year.

Having said that, it would obvoiusly be best for Tua to redshirt and play as a quality backup his redshirt freshman year and then takover as a redshirt Soph.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

He looks to have a pure throwing motion like he's a protypical qb, but then when he takes off running, is it just me or does he look faster than Jalen???

It's hard to imagine him unseating JH but if Jalen has an injury I feel really good about this guy as a backup...even next year.

Having said that, it would obvoiusly be best for Tua to redshirt and play as a quality backup his redshirt freshman year and then takover as a redshirt Soph.
Maybe faster, definitely much quicker.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Maybe faster, definitely much quicker.
Perhaps. Remember, you're seeing Tua running with high school kids. Go watch highlights of Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, etc. and watch Jalen run away from college athletes.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Maybe Bama will take the modern offense to the next level and have Tua and Hurts side by side in the shotgun, and snap it directly to one or the other. A new twist to the run pass option, and it could actually work, as one is a righty and one a lefty!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.