**** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama **** (arrived 1/8)

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Re: **** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

I wonder what the chances are of going with a 2 qb system. I have no doubts that Jalen will be good and Tua looked good chunking the ball at the Army All American Game although Tua does need to eat some meat and potatoes. I believe 8 months with Scott Cochran will fill Tua out with some good hard muscle. He is going to need it
to unseat Jalen. May the best man win.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I love Tua is part of this class. I hope hope that TT and JH will push each other to be better. Ideally, JH improves his passing skills and can start a couple more years and then TT can redshirt and be ready to step in as a starter as a redshirt soph.

But, this year taught me that anything is possible and the one major weakness JH has is passing the ball with consitency down the field. So who knows???

I'll be happy with the guy that CNS and CSS believe is the best to lead us in 2017!!!

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
Re: **** 2017 QB Tua Tagovailoa Commits to Alabama ****

Everyone needs to be pushed. CNS talks about it all the time. Also I liked what TT's Dad said about coming to compete and that they would probably move here as a family! RTR
I sure hope that works out (his family moving here). IIRC, Phillip Sims' family moved down here too.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Do y'all think he'll stay if he doesn't get the job this year. Or even next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Do y'all think he'll stay if he doesn't get the job this year. Or even next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's said in several interviews that he's dedicated to the process. Anything can happen of course but he knows he can stay and mature here for two years and come in and be the guy ... which will bode well for him if he decides to pursue a pro career.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
He has only been on campus a week and people are wondering about a transfer. He seems to have some of the same qualities as Hurts when it comes to maturity and leadership. With his skills I think he gets enough playing time.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It seems to me that most folks have conceded QB to Jalen. While understandable, I personally think it`ll be more of a dog fight than people think. Jalen`s vision and downfield accuracy (20 + yards) have to improve. I`m also curious to see what Mac Jones brings. He`s kind of the forgotten man.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
It seems to me that most folks have conceded QB to Jalen. While understandable, I personally think it`ll be more of a dog fight than people think. Jalen`s vision and downfield accuracy (20 + yards) have to improve. I`m also curious to see what Mac Jones brings. He`s kind of the forgotten man.
Agree. This time last year the job seemed to belong to Barnett or Bateman (with a few saying Hurts). Hurts impressed enough in practice to be second in line against USC and the rest is history. I want to see Mac Jones and Tua as well. If Jalen improves in passing, he will be a much more dominant force.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree with the concerns about Jalen and his passing. I do want to point out JPW improved from '07 to '08, GMac from '09 to '10 and AJ from '11 to '12 and '12 to '13 and Blake and Jake from their final spring to their senior years. I think it is a big mistake to assume Jalen will fail to improve. The competition will be good but I think Jalen will improve like his predecessors did.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The #1 factor in the NT loss was we became one dimensional on offense. Not by design, but out of fear or because Hurts simply couldn't do it. That being the case, If I'm the new OC coming in, I demand more from Hurts in the passing game and wouldn't take no, or I can't for an answer. I don't think Hurts is under any dillousions that what he did last year will allow him to keep his job.

I give him all the credit in the world for a gutsy performance for a true freshman who was forced onto the field. But henceforth "he's young" will no longer be an excuse, Watson scorched us as a sophomore as have many other QB's.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I agree with the concerns about Jalen and his passing. I do want to point out JPW improved from '07 to '08, GMac from '09 to '10 and AJ from '11 to '12 and '12 to '13 and Blake and Jake from their final spring to their senior years. I think it is a big mistake to assume Jalen will fail to improve. The competition will be good but I think Jalen will improve like his predecessors did.
I think (hope) he will improve. However I tend to worry about the sophomore slump that seems to grab players routinely. JPW, GMac, AJ, Blake, and Jake were all beyond their true sophomore year before they received significant playing time but still had considerable practice time to develop before playing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Certainly did not mean to intimate that I thought he would fail to improve. I`m sure all of us are pulling for him to do just that. I know I am. I was just pointing out that IMO that improvement may well be necessary for him to keep his starting job, as spectacular as the last season was as far as he was concerned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.