Lets here your predictions on last half of SEC play

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
Let's hear your predictions on last half of SEC play

Just curious how everyone is feeling after 1st half of SEC and knowing who we have
to play the rest of the way. I really don't believe we will even be .500 in SEC at
the end. Hope I'm wrong but just seems to be different year same results. Good
thing is we have 4 home series and only 2 road left in SEC. After Ole Miss we go
to TAM and then home against Miss St.

[video]http://www.rolltide.com/collegesportslive/?media=530033[/video]

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Re: Let's hear your predictions on last half of SEC play

I am going to predict that we do wind up finishing 15-15 in the league, make it to Hoover and into a regional with something like 34 wins. Hell, who knows? Maybe I am just being overly optimistic, but it's doable.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008

1-2 v Ole Miss
0-3 at TAMU
1-2 v MSU
2-1 v AU
2-1 v Arky
1-2 v SCar

So I'm saying we go 7-11 over the rest of the SEC games and finish 13-17 and barely squeak into Hoover, but miss out on a regional.

I guess I'm the "underly pessimistic" prediction to bamamick's overly optimistic one. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we won the Ole Miss and lost Arky or get swept by SCar... This team is too wishy-washy to really predict. Like the guys at D1Baseball said in their podcast talking about the NCAA Tourney predictions, if we hit, we can win our home series, if not...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Well, it's in our hands, right? I guess we have 23 games left? With the way our SoS is about to take off I'd think that if we could win 11 of those 23 we'd have a really good shot at a regional.

And of course that's the problem. How is it that we have turned into a program that has to sweat out making a regional?

rtr

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams

And of course that's the problem. How is it that we have turned into a program that has to sweat out making a regional?
Because our head coach et al don't make it a priority to win midweek games. Seen it now for 6 years. I understand about not being able to use our top pitchers but, you have to find other ways to create offense and get outs. That is done with good coaching and game strategy.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA

I am going to predict that we do wind up finishing 15-15 in the league, make it to Hoover and into a regional with something like 34 wins. Hell, who knows? Maybe I am just being overly optimistic, but it's doable.

rtr
What in Hell have you been smoking? After tonight's loss, we would have to go 9-8 the rest of the way to get to 15-15. I just don't see that happening with our complete lack of offense.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA

1-2 v Ole Miss
0-3 at TAMU
1-2 v MSU
2-1 v AU
2-1 v Arky
1-2 v SCar

So I'm saying we go 7-11 over the rest of the SEC games and finish 13-17 and barely squeak into Hoover, but miss out on a regional.

I guess I'm the "underly pessimistic" prediction to bamamick's overly optimistic one. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we won the Ole Miss and lost Arky or get swept by SCar... This team is too wishy-washy to really predict. Like the guys at D1Baseball said in their podcast talking about the NCAA Tourney predictions, if we hit, we can win our home series, if not...
I don't think you are being pessimistic with your projections. Actually, I think you may be a little more optimistic than I am. I'm not sure we will win a game this weekend (especially if we only get 4 hits tomorrow and Sunday). I also don't know that we will win even one game against MSU or SCar. Winning two against Arky is a bit of a stretch as well unless we somehow or other learn how to hit. Before SEC play started, I told several people that I expected us to go 10-20 to 12-18 in SEC play. I still feel the same way. Even at 10-20, we could still stumble into Hoover for a cup of coffee. As far as a regional, we may somehow get to one, but I don't think we deserve it at this point.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams

You know what is truly pathetic. ONE winning SEC season under CMG in 6 years.
It was 2014 and the record was an astounding 15-14. This year not looking good
for a winning year either. But, it has and probably will be acceptable to be a
pathetic .500 team year after year. Anyone think Saban would still be here with
a record like that?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

No, but our athletic department cares about football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS

We have needed a change in coaching for 3 years now. If we do not change after this year, then I might venture to say we do not care about baseball. I think we still do but how much?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

If our arms hold up, they alone can get us to Hoover - but we can't survive to make it the weekend once there. Our offense is, well, offensive... and only gets worse in that big ballpark.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

It's always cool to read people's remarks after the fact. I think that this is a pivotal week for Bama baseball. We need to go 3-2 to stay on track for a regional. I still think we can do it.

Rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.