N Carolina gets update from NCAA

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
North Carolina has received a new document from the NCAA outlining violations connected to the school's long-running academic fraud scandal. UNC will release the NOA as soon as possible, but there is no timetable yet, according to media relations director Steve Kirschner

The arrival of the new Notice of Allegations jumpstarts a case that has been stalled in a procedural limbo since August. UNC hasn't made a formal statement about the second notice's arrival.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ives-updated-notice-allegations-ncaa/83498002

I guess if you can delay and stall long enough you can slide by with it. Interesting. The part about losing accreditation is a joke. Write this down. They will not, under any circumstances lose accreditation. What a joke.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
When this whole debacle originally began I thought we'd seen the end of UNC for the better part of a decade. Here we are, still dragging this out and looking more and more like they'll lose a few scholarships and potentially a year of bowl eligibility. All the students implicated at the time will have moved on.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Their biggest loss in this will be, imo, Roy Williams. He'll find his way to retirement/NBA before the ball drops on this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
When this whole debacle originally began I thought we'd seen the end of UNC for the better part of a decade. Here we are, still dragging this out and looking more and more like they'll lose a few scholarships and potentially a year of bowl eligibility. All the students implicated at the time will have moved on.
The NCAA is fast becoming a joke like the "watchdog agencies" of the Federal Government. Some years ago the place I worked crooked us out of our 401k. It was a mom and pop place with the BOD all family. So someone told us the governerment had a agency, ERISA, or something like that, and we called them.

Talk about a joke. The government is renting (or owns) a building, furniture and pays no telling how many secretaries and suits. Guess what the suit told us. We are just a watchdog agency and have no power, so your best bet is to get a lawyer, but we will write them a letter. That reminds me of the new, friendlier, PC NCAA.

They sit in a huge building (I'll bet) with hundreds on payroll and goodly salaries and perks (I'll bet) but really don't do very much any more.

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
But gawd forbid a UA student sell a text book...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
All these schools getting slaps on the wrist need to be sending thank you notes and money to Alabama and (to a lesser extent) Miss State for basically being the sacrificial lambs that de-clawed the NCAA.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
NC should have about decade and a half of football and basketball games and records vacated. If not, then Bama should reclaim the 21 vacated wins for extra textbooks!
I can't imagine it ever happening but Alabama and everyone else who got punched in the mouth ought to take them to court for being biased. Poor SMU. Yes they were cheating openly and in defyment but good grief, look at N Carolina and Miami. If that is not a clear case of bias I would like someone to show me what is.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I can't imagine it ever happening but Alabama and everyone else who got punched in the mouth ought to take them to court for being biased. Poor SMU. Yes they were cheating openly and in defyment but good grief, look at N Carolina and Miami. If that is not a clear case of bias I would like someone to show me what is.
IMO the ncaa should be forced to give Bama 10 extra scholarships and take 10 away from the pukes.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Yeah, and a whole lot more happened than players selling books at Alabama. Want to throw rocks?
Sept. 13, 2010
Tressel signs an annual NCAA certificate of compliance form indicating he knows of no violations and has reported to the school any knowledge of possible violations. Yeah ok. Please let us all know of the "lot more" that happened.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sept. 13, 2010
Tressel signs an annual NCAA certificate of compliance form indicating he knows of no violations and has reported to the school any knowledge of possible violations. Yeah ok. Please let us all know of the "lot more" that happened.
Okay, but you asked. I can produce as many links as you wish.

What happened at OSU - players traded or sold their own property. What happened at Alabama - players sold books that were not their own property. Players at Alabama were using their ability to get books for free under their scholarships to obtain books for other students, and the students were paying them for those books. They were not selling books that were theirs, but books that were the school's. So, Alabama players committed theft.

Now, you had Saban and we had Tressel. No contest there. The Tressel cover-up and lies took what could have been a pretty minor deal with some players missing games and turned it into a nightmare.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And they get a third NOA from the NCAA...

North Carolina has received another notice of allegations from the NCAA, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

This new notice - the third notice of allegations in the case - could be announced as soon as this week.

Sources confirm this new version reinstates aspects of the original first notice that were then altered for the amended notice. That amended notice, which was released on April 25, replaced the impermissible benefits allegation with a failure to monitor academic support charge and removed all references to the men’s basketball and football programs.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Okay, but you asked. I can produce as many links as you wish.

What happened at OSU - players traded or sold their own property. What happened at Alabama - players sold books that were not their own property. Players at Alabama were using their ability to get books for free under their scholarships to obtain books for other students, and the students were paying them for those books. They were not selling books that were theirs, but books that were the school's. So, Alabama players committed theft.

Now, you had Saban and we had Tressel. No contest there. The Tressel cover-up and lies took what could have been a pretty minor deal with some players missing games and turned it into a nightmare.
So any student who received a book scholarship, technically didn't own the books?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.