Editor of LGBT magazine hacked to death in Bangladesh

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i don't care what target does or how people respond to it, i don't really know how to make it any more clear. again, if someone is calling you hateful for support or non-support of target, that's between you and them.

i think the nc bill, and the others floating around now are "hateful/spiteful/nasty" in that they exist (jmho, of course) for no reason other than to discriminate against folks who are seen as "freaks". these bills (again, jmho) are nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to the perceived attack on "american christian values" coming from the normalization/legalization of gay marriage in the us and are meant to rile up voters.
So political opposition is the same thing as hatred, and a religious objection is as a hate crime?

I think the point is that people are disagreeing with the what the law is and what each side thinks it should be and are quick to label the people on the opposite side as hateful oppressors. It's like a prolife person calling a prochoice person a murderer, and a democrat calling a republican a facist. atleast there is a debate here instead of murder for opposition.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
yep, that's exactly what i said
So, should I conclude that you hate the little girls who will be harmed by allowing men who claim to identify as women into the ladies' restrooms because .3% of the population may be uncomfortable with the way this has been handled for centuries?

If disagreement is hate, it cuts both ways. I hate that we are even having to engage in discussion on this subject, it is absurd that our society has lost any common sense it may have had.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So, should I conclude that you hate the little girls who will be harmed by allowing men who claim to identify as women into the ladies' restrooms because .3% of the population may be uncomfortable with the way this has been handled for centuries?

If disagreement is hate, it cuts both ways. I hate that we are even having to engage in discussion on this subject, it is absurd that our society has lost any common sense it may have had.
you can conclude whatever you wish. and i did not say or imply that disagreement is hate.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
yep, that's exactly what i said
For the "religious freedom" bills, while I don't agree with the loopholes that they have in them I can't make the same leap into saying everyone who supports them is in the same boat as those low lifes that murdered Matthew Shepard 18 years ago. Unless you are now just exclusively arguing about the discrimination of the sneaky politicians trying to pass these bills and not the comparison to murders of the LGBT community and the people who have political and religious opposition to LGBT bills then I have no objections to your claims that some still discriminate against the LGBT community.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think we need to be specific here when talking about this. I had my "cousin in law" post on FB this weekend "For all you Christians out there who disagree with Target's decision. You need to stop hating people and get out of your ignorance."

Now, this is exactly what he put. So in his mind (and I'll personalize it) if I (me) disagree with the Target decision then it automatically means I hate transgender people.

So do you agree that if I disagree with Target's decision it means I harbor actual hatred in my heart toward transgender people?
Perhaps we should have a poll on here asking those pertinent questions. Then again, would those who simply disagree with them be accused of hatred and bigotry?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i don't need to. i didn't call him hateful or imply that he was and i don't know the person that did, so i don't see the need to insert myself into his Facebook discussions.
It's not about FB discussions, it's simply a direct question to see where you stand. Not sure why you're dancing around it so much, it's a simple yes or no question.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I can't believe we are struggling with this in this country. Science had it figured out centuries ago but, now we are muddying the waters.

I think it is pretty simple; you got a penis, use the men's room, don't got one, use the women's. In fact, I think legislation needs to be introduced to change the names of all bathrooms. No more Men's and Women's, just Penis and Vagina.

I don't hate transgender people but, come on, if you've got a penis then stay out of the women's restroom. This is not hard folks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.