Extremely Early 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He has a shot to move up once he does drills. Saw a video of him doing some yesterday. Teams and scouts need to see him first hand, though. And of course, teams will want their medical staff to look at his leg, too.
Yeah, these mock drafts are cool to read but mean next to nothing past the top 10 picks until we see how these players perform at the combine.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Mock draft with seven Bama players in the first round.

1 - Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, DE (Texas A&M)

2 - San Francisco 49'ers - Mitch Trubisky, QB (North Carolina)

3 - Chicago Bears - DeShaun Watson, QB (Clemson)

4 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Jonathan Allen, DL (Alabama)
This one is a little BPA action as the Jaguars defensive line is actually quite strong. When you consider the production and play they got from Malik Jackson, Abry Jones and Sen'Derrick Marks...but Jonathan Allen is a true talent and value at this selection. It would really solidify that line for years to come. They could really do with an offensive lineman here, but no tackle should be drafted in the top 10 this year IMO.

5 - Tennessee Titans - Marshon Lattimore, CB (Ohio State)

6 - New York Jets - Jamal Adams, S (LSU)

7 - LA Chargers - Malik Hooker, S (Ohio State)

8 - Carolina Panthers - Solomon Thomas, DE (Stanford)

9 - Cincinati Bengals - Reuben Foster, ILB (Alabama)
Like the Panthers selection, I have to imagine the Bengals would jump all over Foster if he made it this far. He's a complete three down backer, comfortable rushing the passer, playing the run or dropping into coverage. I would say he's the perfect fit for the Bengals with Vontaze Burfict and would instantly upgrade a defense who was largely average in some key categories last year.

10 - Buffalo Bills - Mike Williams, WR (Clemson)

11 - New Orleans Saints - Derek Barnett, DE, (Tennessee)

12 - Cleveland Browns - Sidney Jones, CB (Washington)

13 - Arizona Cardinals - Corey Davis, WR (Western Michigan)

14 - Philadelphia Eagles - Zay Jones, WR (East Carolina)

15 - Indianapolis Colts - Leonard Fournette, RB (LSU)

16 - Baltimore Ravens - Tre'Davious White, CB (LSU)

17 - Washington Redskins - Dalvin Cook, RB (Florida State)

18 - Tennessee Titans - O.J Howard, TE (Alabama)
Now I'm not a huge fan of O.J Howard, but I can easily see that he is one of the most athletic TE's in the country. I've never doubted his talent, just his passion. Now the Titans already have a great TE in Delanie Walker, but can you imagine having both of those guys in the formation? It would make covering them a nightmare and with Mariota's ability, they'd both get plenty of action to justify it. Too much value here to ignore.

19 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Taco Charlton, DE (Michigan)

20 - Denver Broncos - Ryan Ramcyzk, OT (Wisconsin)

21 - Detroit Lions - Tim Williams, DE (Alabama)
The Lions need to find a consistent pass rush from somewhere. There are a couple of character issues with Williams, reports are he failed a couple of drug tests at Alabama and was arrested on a misdemeanor gun charge as well. However he combines a great motor, with core strength and incredible athleticism. Williams is a fantastic pass rusher, and if a team just allows him to pin his ears back and get after the QB, they'll get the production.

22 - Miami Dolphins - David Njoku, TE (Miami)

23 - New York Giants - Cam Robinson, OT (Alabama)
The Giants need some offensive line help and although I'm not enamoured with Robinson, I think he represents decent value here. They could go defensive line, but the Giants have some incredible playmakers so long as Eli has time to throw. I'm not sure Robinson is a LT in the NFL, but he can play RT and inside at guard to improve the Giants run game. This selection makes sense to me.

24 - Oakland Raiders - Marlon Humphrey, CB (Alabama)
The Raiders have really done a good job of upgrading the overall talent on their team, when you consider where they were a few years ago. However the defense still needs to catch up with the offence, so that's why I have them taking Humphrey. Now there is a lot of hesitation around the NFL when it comes to taking Alabama secondary players and that's understandable. However Humphrey has all the traits of a shut down corner, and he plays hard too, he'd fit in with Oakland perfectly.

25 - Houston Texans - Garrett Bowles, OT (Utah)

26 - Seattle Seahawks - Quincy Wilson, CB (Florida)

27 - Kansas City Chiefs - Christian McCaffrey, RB (Stanford)

28 - Dallas Cowboys - Teez Tabor, CB (Florida)

29 - Green Bay Packers - Haason Reddick, LB (Temple)

30 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Patrick Mahomes, QB (Texas Tech)

31 - Atlanta Falcons - Forrest Lamp, OL (Western Kentucky)

32 - New England Patriots - Ryan Anderson, OLB (Alabama)
The patriots always seem to find some hidden gems, well there is nothing hidden about Anderson. Ryan is a hard worker who does everything well, one of those prospects that doesn't blow you away, but who's extremely good at what he does. His hands are elite and he's a high energy, high motor guys. 18.5 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks in 2016, he'd make the Patriots even better.

2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Corner Heavy - Gang Green Nation

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Looking like each year the NFL has to make a spectacle out of one "problem" players from college. Randy Gregory comes to mind and what they did to Laell Collins was horrendous. Well, it's looking like they are trying to make Tim Williams "that guy" this year. He's in a free fall on most draft boards. Some have him in the 2nd round will others the 3rd.

How do you go from the top 15 to nowhere so fast?

One and only one site (fox) has him possibly a "first round steal".

Also, some team will get a steal in Eddie in the later rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
LOL, if the Steelers take the Texas Tech QB at #30 their fans will revolt. Especially with Kizer still on the board. These mock drafts are so fun to look at, but not much else.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Looking like each year the NFL has to make a spectacle out of one "problem" players from college. Randy Gregory comes to mind and what they did to Laell Collins was horrendous. Well, it's looking like they are trying to make Tim Williams "that guy" this year. He's in a free fall on most draft boards. Some have him in the 2nd round will others the 3rd.

How do you go from the top 15 to nowhere so fast?

One and only one site (fox) has him possibly a "first round steal".
Saw one of the NFL Network guys projected Tim to go in the first. He's all over the place because of reports like this:

-According to NFL Draft experts Charlie Campbell and Eric Galko, Alabama outside linebacker Tim Williams has drug and alcohol concern "in the realm of Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory." Based on pure talent, Williams would be a sure-fire first-round choice without his off-the-field concerns.

Also, some team will get a steal in Eddie in the later rounds.
If he doesn't get injured, he's probably a second or third round guy with the possibility of going in the first round with good workouts. Now, it all depends on his rehab.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
As of 3/7/2017, after looking at the combine, this is where I feel they will probably be picked:
1st round picks- Allen, Robinson, Foster, Howard and Williams.
2nd round picks- Stewart and Humphrey
3rd round picks- Anderson, Jackson
4th round picks- Tomlinson
** Williams, Humphrey is a wildcat... both could be gone in 1st round... or both can be gone in 2nd round**

Free Agent- Mazza ( should catch on with a team easily)
Dieter- If he demonstrate what he did before coming to Alabama, he should land a spot with team. This is best case scenario for him, ability to pick a team who needs receivers badly.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As of 3/7/2017, after looking at the combine, this is where I feel they will probably be picked:
** Williams, Humphrey is a wildcat... both could be gone in 1st round... or both can be gone in 2nd round**

Dieter- If he demonstrate what he did before coming to Alabama, he should land a spot with team. This is best case scenario for him, ability to pick a team who needs receivers badly.
I will be shocked if Anderson falls to the third round. His film is amazing, and he is built for the NFL. He will be a much better player in the NFL than Williams, IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Some belief Anderson goes in the first round. He's continuing to gain attention.

Also read today where Tomlinson might sneak into the first round. I don't expect him to fall to the fourth.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Anderson in the 3rd round is surprising...I think he put up some great tape in 2016.

His measurables will hurt him a bit though I guess.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with all of you, it just that often what we see doesn't always translate to draft day... Look at Henry, Robinson and Ragland that slipped to 2nd round. We saw AJ fall all the way to 4th round as well.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

This one is a little BPA action as the Jaguars defensive line is actually quite strong. When you consider the production and play they got from Malik Jackson, Abry Jones and Sen'Derrick Marks...but Jonathan Allen is a true talent and value at this selection. It would really solidify that line for years to come. They could really do with an offensive lineman here, but no tackle should be drafted in the top 10 this year IMO.

Like the Panthers selection, I have to imagine the Bengals would jump all over Foster if he made it this far. He's a complete three down backer, comfortable rushing the passer, playing the run or dropping into coverage. I would say he's the perfect fit for the Bengals with Vontaze Burfict and would instantly upgrade a defense who was largely average in some key categories last year.

Now I'm not a huge fan of O.J Howard, but I can easily see that he is one of the most athletic TE's in the country. I've never doubted his talent, just his passion. Now the Titans already have a great TE in Delanie Walker, but can you imagine having both of those guys in the formation? It would make covering them a nightmare and with Mariota's ability, they'd both get plenty of action to justify it. Too much value here to ignore.

The Lions need to find a consistent pass rush from somewhere. There are a couple of character issues with Williams, reports are he failed a couple of drug tests at Alabama and was arrested on a misdemeanor gun charge as well. However he combines a great motor, with core strength and incredible athleticism. Williams is a fantastic pass rusher, and if a team just allows him to pin his ears back and get after the QB, they'll get the production.

The Giants need some offensive line help and although I'm not enamoured with Robinson, I think he represents decent value here. They could go defensive line, but the Giants have some incredible playmakers so long as Eli has time to throw. I'm not sure Robinson is a LT in the NFL, but he can play RT and inside at guard to improve the Giants run game. This selection makes sense to me.

The Raiders have really done a good job of upgrading the overall talent on their team, when you consider where they were a few years ago. However the defense still needs to catch up with the offence, so that's why I have them taking Humphrey. Now there is a lot of hesitation around the NFL when it comes to taking Alabama secondary players and that's understandable. However Humphrey has all the traits of a shut down corner, and he plays hard too, he'd fit in with Oakland perfectly.

The patriots always seem to find some hidden gems, well there is nothing hidden about Anderson. Ryan is a hard worker who does everything well, one of those prospects that doesn't blow you away, but who's extremely good at what he does. His hands are elite and he's a high energy, high motor guys. 18.5 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks in 2016, he'd make the Patriots even better.

The thing with Howard is that many scouts are impressed with his fierce downhill blocking

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The thing with Howard is that many scouts are impressed with his fierce downhill blocking

I've seen some Mocks with him going at #5 -- which (to me) is a bit too high....but I'd love it if we can get Ryan in the 1st too.

Can you imagine if EJ had not gotten hurt.....? We might have found a way to get 8 in

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

This seems unrealistic to me. Reuben, OJ, and Allen are basically locks to go in the 1st and then their is a really good chance Humphrey and CamRob go in the 1st. But I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Williams or Anderson go in the 1st. So, I think the best we are looking at is 5 1st rounders this year.

Side note: I've started to see the idea that Ryan Anderson might actually be a better fit at ILB in the NFL. Seems like an interesting idea to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.