Huntsville, Al
Latest SBNation two round mock draft

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
17. Washington: Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama
26. Seattle Seahawks: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
38. Los Angeles Chargers: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

I'll say this: This is weird set up for Jaguar/ Howard at the spot.. but time range for all sounds reasonable... I do expect two players to fall to 2nd round: Williams and Hump.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think that Anderson is also going in the first 2 rounds.
I think this depends on where teams see him. His biggest issue is he just isn't the athlete that most 1st and 2nd round players tend to be. He could very easily end up being a solid 10+ year pro though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well if I put out 2 dozen before draft day, one is bound to be close.
To be more precise, if one person puts out 20 models with each player landing in a different place in each, he has 20 chances to get each player correct. He can claim to have been correct and be telling the truth, even though he really had no more insight than any of us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cam has done very well in the pre-draft process. In recent weeks, he's taken plenty of visits and is starting to gain traction as being one of the top tackles taken.

Case in point - Mike Mayock's newest positional rankings:

Offensive tackle

1. Cam Robinson, Alabama
2. Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
3. Garett Bolles, Utah
4. Taylor Moton, Western Michigan
5. Antonio Garcia, Troy

Rise: Robinson (previously No. 2 interior OL), Moton (T-5)
Fall: Ramczyk (1), Bolles (2), Garcia (3), Roderick Johnson, Florida State (4), Jermaine Eluemunor, Texas A&M (T-5)
He takes Cam from being his second best OG prospect to his top OT prospect after Cam has a solid combine and pro day.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Chris Collinsworth -- has Bama with 6 in First Round....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...mock-draft-deshaun-watson-first-qb-off-board/

3. Chicago Bears
Jonathan Allen, DI, Alabama

I’m going to guess that John Fox really believes that Mike Glennon is his QB of the future, so the Bears will draft one of two areas of need: defensive line or cornerback. Eventually you have to beat Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North, so would you rather get an interior push to flush the Green Bay QB out of the pocket, or a corner to cover his receivers? One CB is never enough, so I guess Allen will get the call. Flushing Rodgers out of the pocket may not be the best strategy, but it will now be Allen’s job. As scouts like to say, God only made so many bodies like Allen’s, so you better get them early. Newly-acquired Akiem Hicks and Allen will be rock solid inside for the Bears.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Led all interior defensive linemen with 67 total QB pressures in 2016.

11. New Orleans Saints
Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

It’s always hard to pass on receivers when I’m picking for New Orleans — Mike Williams or Corey Davis would be fun to watch in this offense — but the Saints have to take defense, right? If there is a spot for Foster, this is it. The league has changed, and cover linebackers that don’t have to come off the field on third down are so valuable to continuity on the defensive side of the ball. As one defensive coordinator once told me, teams don’t lose games on run plays — they lose on passing plays. Foster will fly sideline to sideline and cover backs and tight ends. He can flip his hips like a cornerback in coverage. The former Alabama standout is a flashy prospect that plays with a lot of emotion, and should be a fan favorite in New Orleans for years to come. I hope the combine incident was an aberration.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Led all FBS linebackers with a run-stop percentage of 16.3 in 2016.

13. Arizona Cardinals
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

I’m very tempted to put DeShone Kizer here; the former Notre Dame quarterback fits the Ben Roethlisberger/Carson Palmer style of play that Bruce Arians has had so much success with. However, the Cardinals need cornerbacks — the Arizona faithful have to be sick of watching big plays on the side of the field opposite star CB Patrick Peterson. To fix the problem, Alabama’s Marlon Humphry is my choice. He is a physical corner who plays his guts out, but does give up a few big plays. Tre’Davious White may be a better pure cover corner, but he won’t hit anybody, and I’m not sure Arians could stomach him. Humphrey is a hitter with perfect height, weight, and speed numbers. Plus, he is a low-risk pick at a position of great need for the Cardinals.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Allowed exactly 50 percent of his targets to be completed each of the last two years, but surrendered 16.9 yards per reception.

20. Denver Broncos
Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

I’m going back-to-back offensive tackles here, as the Broncos have to improve their offensive line. Cam Robinson from Alabama will be more physical, and I believe may end up becoming a Pro Bowl left tackle. The Broncos have to improve both their running game and pass protection if they are going to win with young quarterbacks. Robinson is the biggest of these tackles, but can still move in space. He is not as strong as Tyron Smith of Dallas, but is tough to beat once he gets his hands on you. He can get top-heavy with that forward lean sometimes, but will figure that out. Robinson is the perfect answer for the Broncos at No. 20 — John Elway will be thrilled with this pick.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Ranked 90th among FBS offensive tackles in 2016, but saw his pass-blocking grade increase all three years in college.

22. Miami Dolphins
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

The Miami Dolphins took huge strides on offense under Adam Gase, QB Ryan Tannehill was much improved until injured, RB Jay Ajayi was brilliant at times, and WR DeVante Parker is coming on. Now the Dolphins’ good luck continues, as O.J. Howard falls to No. 22. Howard runs a 4.51-second 40-yard dash, is an athletic blocker for those outside-zone runs the Dolphins love, and recorded just three drops over the last two seasons. He lacks a little physical toughness to be a top-15 pick, but has a ton of upside that Gase will develop. Greg Olsen, the receiving tight end from Carolina, is a good comparison.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Run-blocking grade of 81.5 led all FBS tight ends in 2016. Averaged 7.8 yards after the catch per completion over the last three years.

31. Atlanta Falcons
Tim Williams, Edge, Alabama

I love Tim Williams opposite Vic Beasley. Williams is a blur of a pass-rusher, but probably would not hold up for many run snaps. The good news is that the Falcons will score a lot of points, and most of their games will be shootouts. When Peyton Manning was with the Colts, they also were scoring a lot of points, and Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis were rushing the quarterback the majority of the game. The pair was almost impossible to handle without help — Beasley and Williams could create some of those same issues in Atlanta. One more sack in Super Bowl LI and the Falcons would have been world champions.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Picked up a pressure to the inside of the offensive tackle every 10.7 rushes, second-best in the draft class.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Chris Collinsworth -- has Bama with 6 in First Round....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...mock-draft-deshaun-watson-first-qb-off-board/

3. Chicago Bears
Jonathan Allen, DI, Alabama

I’m going to guess that John Fox really believes that Mike Glennon is his QB of the future, so the Bears will draft one of two areas of need: defensive line or cornerback. Eventually you have to beat Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North, so would you rather get an interior push to flush the Green Bay QB out of the pocket, or a corner to cover his receivers? One CB is never enough, so I guess Allen will get the call. Flushing Rodgers out of the pocket may not be the best strategy, but it will now be Allen’s job. As scouts like to say, God only made so many bodies like Allen’s, so you better get them early. Newly-acquired Akiem Hicks and Allen will be rock solid inside for the Bears.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Led all interior defensive linemen with 67 total QB pressures in 2016.

11. New Orleans Saints
Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

It’s always hard to pass on receivers when I’m picking for New Orleans — Mike Williams or Corey Davis would be fun to watch in this offense — but the Saints have to take defense, right? If there is a spot for Foster, this is it. The league has changed, and cover linebackers that don’t have to come off the field on third down are so valuable to continuity on the defensive side of the ball. As one defensive coordinator once told me, teams don’t lose games on run plays — they lose on passing plays. Foster will fly sideline to sideline and cover backs and tight ends. He can flip his hips like a cornerback in coverage. The former Alabama standout is a flashy prospect that plays with a lot of emotion, and should be a fan favorite in New Orleans for years to come. I hope the combine incident was an aberration.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Led all FBS linebackers with a run-stop percentage of 16.3 in 2016.

13. Arizona Cardinals
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

I’m very tempted to put DeShone Kizer here; the former Notre Dame quarterback fits the Ben Roethlisberger/Carson Palmer style of play that Bruce Arians has had so much success with. However, the Cardinals need cornerbacks — the Arizona faithful have to be sick of watching big plays on the side of the field opposite star CB Patrick Peterson. To fix the problem, Alabama’s Marlon Humphry is my choice. He is a physical corner who plays his guts out, but does give up a few big plays. Tre’Davious White may be a better pure cover corner, but he won’t hit anybody, and I’m not sure Arians could stomach him. Humphrey is a hitter with perfect height, weight, and speed numbers. Plus, he is a low-risk pick at a position of great need for the Cardinals.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Allowed exactly 50 percent of his targets to be completed each of the last two years, but surrendered 16.9 yards per reception.

20. Denver Broncos
Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

I’m going back-to-back offensive tackles here, as the Broncos have to improve their offensive line. Cam Robinson from Alabama will be more physical, and I believe may end up becoming a Pro Bowl left tackle. The Broncos have to improve both their running game and pass protection if they are going to win with young quarterbacks. Robinson is the biggest of these tackles, but can still move in space. He is not as strong as Tyron Smith of Dallas, but is tough to beat once he gets his hands on you. He can get top-heavy with that forward lean sometimes, but will figure that out. Robinson is the perfect answer for the Broncos at No. 20 — John Elway will be thrilled with this pick.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Ranked 90th among FBS offensive tackles in 2016, but saw his pass-blocking grade increase all three years in college.

22. Miami Dolphins
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

The Miami Dolphins took huge strides on offense under Adam Gase, QB Ryan Tannehill was much improved until injured, RB Jay Ajayi was brilliant at times, and WR DeVante Parker is coming on. Now the Dolphins’ good luck continues, as O.J. Howard falls to No. 22. Howard runs a 4.51-second 40-yard dash, is an athletic blocker for those outside-zone runs the Dolphins love, and recorded just three drops over the last two seasons. He lacks a little physical toughness to be a top-15 pick, but has a ton of upside that Gase will develop. Greg Olsen, the receiving tight end from Carolina, is a good comparison.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Run-blocking grade of 81.5 led all FBS tight ends in 2016. Averaged 7.8 yards after the catch per completion over the last three years.

31. Atlanta Falcons
Tim Williams, Edge, Alabama

I love Tim Williams opposite Vic Beasley. Williams is a blur of a pass-rusher, but probably would not hold up for many run snaps. The good news is that the Falcons will score a lot of points, and most of their games will be shootouts. When Peyton Manning was with the Colts, they also were scoring a lot of points, and Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis were rushing the quarterback the majority of the game. The pair was almost impossible to handle without help — Beasley and Williams could create some of those same issues in Atlanta. One more sack in Super Bowl LI and the Falcons would have been world champions.

PFF Draft Pass Stat: Picked up a pressure to the inside of the offensive tackle every 10.7 rushes, second-best in the draft class.
This looks like about the right spot for Allen, Foster, CamRob and Humphrey. That seems wayyyy too low for OJ considering he is arguably the best receiving threat in the draft. I have no idea where Tim Williams will go. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 1st but also wouldn't be surprised if he lasts until 2nd/3rd round. 5 of these 6 are basically guaranteed to go in the 1st unless there is some issue we haven't heard about.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

ESPN's Todd McShay: Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs could sneak into 1st round

The 2017 NFL draft finally kicks off in one week, but that means the rumor mill is now running at ludicrous speed.
The latest crazy talk comes from ESPN’s Todd McShay, who appeared on “Mike & Mike” Thursday morning. McShay believes Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs could sneak into the late-first round.

McShay went further, saying he’d rather spend a second-round pick on Dobbs than use a first-rounder on Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky, Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes or Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Anderson will be a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I personally think he has far more upside than Williams does.
I think Anderson will be a good value pick. He's going to be a solid NFL Player. But I'm not sure if he will be considered a huge steal. He definitely doesn't have the upside of Williams though. But William's floor is way lower than Anderson's

I keep seeing stuff like this. I need to go back and watch him more because I never saw it in the Bama games. I guess because he is smart?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Anderson will be a good value pick. He's going to be a solid NFL Player. But I'm not sure if he will be considered a huge steal. He definitely doesn't have the upside of Williams though. But William's floor is way lower than Anderson's

I keep seeing stuff like this. I need to go back and watch him more because I never saw it in the Bama games. I guess because he is smart?
I would assume he's shot up boards primarily because he's a smart guy and interviews well -- and teams think he could be productive with better coaching than he got at Tennessee. I never thought he looked like an NFL QB, even at his best.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine

From the moment the pre-draft process started, it was nothing like Reuben Foster imagined.

A much-talked about moment at the Scouting Combine involving a hospital worker, rumors about the progress of his surgically repaired shoulder that won't die, questions about his childhood friends -- it has all gotten to the highly touted Alabama linebacker.

"Hectic, stressful, very stressful," Foster said over the phone to NFL.com, after concluding roughly 20 team visits. "It's like the devil is coming after me."

And now comes the latest.

Last month, Foster was notified that his urine sample obtained in Indianapolis during the combine was reported as dilute. Based on the provisions of the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, "this will be treated like a positive test."

In discussing his trying few months, Foster disclosed the test results to NFL.com because, he says, "This is something that's going to get out. I don't make excuses. I'm a real dude. I try to be a good person. ... I just hope the coaches understand and that's all I can hope and pray for." Foster has already been on the phone talking with teams telling them himself.

As for why the test came back dilute, Foster explained in detail. He said he was sick before the combine. He was throwing up, had diarrhea, couldn't keep anything down and was cramping. One adviser offered to have a doctor put him on IVs to hydrate, but he didn't want that. He saw a doctor, got some medication and started hydrating himself.

Foster believes it was food poisoning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.