Extremely Early 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I just don't see Marlon Humphrey as NFL ready yet!
A lot (not all) of first round picks are drafted based on potential and how they project as a prospect. Marlon has above average size and athleticism in regards to being a NFL corner. That alone will probably get him drafted a little higher than if he were 5"10. Also, good cornerbacks are at a premium in the NFL because of how pass heavy the modern game has become..

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I just don't see Marlon Humphrey as NFL ready yet!
I really like Marlon, but right now I tend to agree with this. He looks good, but he doesn't exactly look like an early entrant first rounder. He certainly does not seem to have the same lock down chops that Dee Milliner had by his final year. We'll see what he does the rest of the year, but if he stays at the same level of performance he may benefit from one more year of seasoning.

Speaking of benefiting from an extra year, so far it looks like Allen, Howard, Foster, Williams, Anderson, and Jackson may all be raising their stock this year.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
He'll be a top 15 pick. Him staying another year wouldn't really raise his spot too high, could he use another year of experience? Probably, but corners are different and are reached in the draft for potential. He'd be stronger in this class

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We had a preseason prediction thread. Mine was that Marlon would be our first sophomore drafted ever (RS).
As someone mentioned, experience and prototype size aside, that pedigree and potential would play. Dad was a great with an NFL injury and mother was all-american at UAB and still owns records.

He is the player that the smart scouts pick, not the Jacksonville's.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
He'll be a top 15 pick. Him staying another year wouldn't really raise his spot too high, could he use another year of experience? Probably, but corners are different and are reached in the draft for potential. He'd be stronger in this class
I don't see this at all. I've seen some of the draft projections but these mean nothing. I like Humphrey. He's very talented but I would be shocked to see him go top 15 without a lot of improvement and I mean a lot between now and the end of the year. He needs to come back next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This week's matchup between Texas A&M and Alabama is loaded with future NFL players. Scouts that have been through Alabama are blown away by its talent across the board. One personnel executive told me he believes every member of the 'Bama front seven will eventually be picked in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.
Think about that.

Link here

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I also think that Reuben Foster and/or Eddie Jackson could be potential first round picks. We should easily have 4-5 first rounders next year. This years team is loaded (seems like we save that every year now).
I was about to write the same thing and saw your post. I can't imagine those two lasting past round one.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Cam
Humphrey
Foster
Allen
EJ
OJ
Tim Williams
Ryan Anderson

All could go in the first round if the cards fall right....we won't get 8, but any of the 8 could go

The coolest part of all?

None of our RBs, WRs (except Dieter) are eligible....when was the last time that happened?

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Might happen so who knows but I disagree ;)

Also watching Kaaya play at Miami tonight and I'm not that impressed with him. Doesn't look like a first rounder.

Cam
Humphrey
Foster
Allen
EJ
OJ
Tim Williams
Ryan Anderson

All could go in the first round if the cards fall right....we won't get 8, but any of the 8 could go

The coolest part of all?

None of our RBs, WRs (except Dieter) are eligible....when was the last time that happened?
Wow. Don't forget about Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
From a scouting perspective he has all the physical tools: size, arm strength, athleticism etc. The big question, as with all QB prospects, is his mental maturity and his ability to read defenses in the NFL. He's probably worth risking a 1st round pick on. If you're right then you have a franchise QB. If you're wrong, we'll, that's nothing new to the Browns..
So did Ryan Leaf :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.