CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Another mock draft. This one has Jonathan Allen as the #1 pick. Bama players:

1. Jonathan Allen
11. Tim Williams
20. Reuben Foster
23. Marlon Humphrey

I think Cam has a pretty good chance of making the first round because this is a weak offensive tackle class. Also think OJ will put up monster numbers at the combine. That may make up for his lack of production (stats) and boost him into the first round.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

1. Jonathan Allen
11. Tim Williams
20. Reuben Foster
23. Marlon Humphrey

I think Cam has a pretty good chance of making the first round because this is a weak offensive tackle class. Also think OJ will put up monster numbers at the combine. That may make up for his lack of production (stats) and boost him into the first round.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl
Urgh. It's not worth going to the Browns, though. Will Johnathan Allen shut it down for the rest of the season to try to hurt his draft stock?!?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

1. Jonathan Allen
11. Tim Williams
20. Reuben Foster
23. Marlon Humphrey

Here's hoping the Titans draft as many Bama guys as possible lol.. but really, I'd love to see them take Eddie and ArDarius. It'd help address two areas of need.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just saw this mock draft. It has 4 Bama players in the top 10:

3 - Jonathan Allen
6 - Marlon Humphrey (!!)
8- Reuben Foster
10 - Tim Williams
21 - Cam Robinson
31 - OJ Howard

Obviously it's still way to early but I find it interesting they have Marlon so high. I guess his physical ability and prototype cornerback size is the driving force of that ranking.

By the way, Washington has 2 players projected in this mock. WR John Ross and CB Sidney Jones.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...need-a-qb-but-take-two-sec-defenders-instead/

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Just saw this mock draft. It has 4 Bama players in the top 10:

3 - Jonathan Allen
6 - Marlon Humphrey (!!)
8- Reuben Foster
10 - Tim Williams
21 - Cam Robinson
31 - OJ Howard

Obviously it's still way to early but I find it interesting they have Marlon so high. I guess his physical ability and prototype cornerback size is the driving force of that ranking.

By the way, Washington has 2 players projected in this mock. WR John Ross and CB Sidney Jones.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...need-a-qb-but-take-two-sec-defenders-instead/
Marlon's got all the tools, but, to me, he really needs to develop his cover skills a bit more. I would be somewhat surprised but not shocked if he came back for another year. If he chooses not to, which is understandable, I'd personally project him late first or early second. But that's my opinion and I'm not a pro scout.
I think O.J. will indeed WOW everybody attending the combine. He could indeed be the surprise of the first round.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
yup.. but people don't look at that, just assume he's going to stay cause he didn't have as a good as a year as he could have. Not always the case

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Here is one the better "Needs" breakdowns for NFL teams. This is probably why you saw Marlon declare without bothering with a grade and why Ardarius took the plunge. Both CB and WR are big time needs for a lot of teams. Sometimes it is all about timing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x170112b/biggest-2017-draft-needs-every-nfl-team
Well, the counterargument is this one of the deepest CB classes of all time, on paper. I agree that Marlon made the right choice but he might not go first round because of the CB depth in this draft class..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yep, team need is a big factor in when to strike the iron. WR isn't really super deep this year. I think Stewart got decent professional guidance albeit it pains me to see him go with untapped growth potential as a college player.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Please explain why. I don't get it.
I'd assume because he doesn't come across as the greatest personality and has had dumb/cocky Bama-related remarks in the past. Going to the Browns is like a football career death sentence. There you have it... karma for a sports fan.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
I'd assume because he doesn't come across as the greatest personality and has had dumb/cocky Bama-related remarks in the past. Going to the Browns is like a football career death sentence. There you have it... karma for a sports fan.
Correct. His antics on the field, his cockiness with how he conducts himself - the whole none. He thinks he's the modern day Robin Hood with his imaginary bow and arrow. He can go take his little imaginary bow and arrow to Cleveland.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't watch that much NFL any more. All I have to say is that I am looking forward watching DeShaun Watson get the Cam-Newton-vs-the-Broncos-1st-game-of-2016 treatment in Cleveland. When you run the ball, you are a runner, and will be treated as such. That might cause me to watch the first Cleveland game he plays in.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I do not see Watson as a first rd pick, even with his performance against Bama in the last two National Title games. Watson is likely an early 2nd rd pick. But I agree, for his smugness, Cleveland is the right punishment for him.

Buf if Cleveland or S.F. are stupid enough to take a QB, then that leaves Garrett or Allen to Chicago, and I would be happier then Scrooge McDuck in a vault of gold coins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.