Extremely Early 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I predict Myles Garrett and Leonard fournette will will underperform, and Ryan Anderson and Derek Barnett will over perform relative to their spots in the draft

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think 6 would tie the record set by Miami in 2004. We could realistically get 7 with these 6 + Ryan Anderson..

Seems like this year has more mock drafts all over the place than we usually see this early in the evaluation period.

I've seen some with three Bama guys as well with ones like Kiper's. The players differ, too. I've seen Anderson mentioned by some while others don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I predict Myles Garrett and Leonard fournette will will underperform, and Ryan Anderson and Derek Barnett will over perform relative to their spots in the draft
Agreed. I think Fournette is WAY over-hyped and Garrett takes too many plays off IMO.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I would take Ryan Anderson before I'd take Williams....if I'm looking for a pass rusher....

And, someone is going to get a steal in Eddie Jackson -- I sure hope it ain't the Patriots

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Seems like this year has more mock drafts all over the place than we usually see this early in the evaluation period.

I've seen some with three Bama guys as well with ones like Kiper's. The players differ, too. I've seen Anderson mentioned by some while others don't.

Yep. Daniel Jerimiah of the NFL Network has Allen at #3, Reuben at #7 and OJ at #29.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think it's "almost" safe to say....

Safe first round:
Allen
Foster

Likely first round:
Cam
Humphrey

Possible first round:
OJ
Williams

Probably 2nd Round:
Anderson

Possible 2nd Round:
Stewart
Jackson

Possible 3rd Round:
Tomlinson

Is that everyone?

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think it's "almost" safe to say....

Safe first round:
Allen
Foster

Likely first round:
Cam
Humphrey

Possible first round:
OJ
Williams

Probably 2nd Round:
Anderson

Possible 2nd Round:
Stewart
Jackson

Possible 3rd Round:
Tomlinson

Is that everyone?
The only others I have heard mentioned are Gehrig Dieter and Cole Mazza. I suppose they could get picked in the late rounds, but probably free agency. I think Cole Mazza has a good chance of making an NFL roster.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The only others I have heard mentioned are Gehrig Dieter and Cole Mazza. I suppose they could get picked in the late rounds, but probably free agency. I think Cole Mazza has a good chance of making an NFL roster.
Agree on Cole. Most teams don't draft long snappers but he should get multiple training camp offers and a good chance to make a 53 man roster somewhere..

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
These mock drafts that everyone has come out with these days have become somewhat of a joke, because the actual draft has become so unpredictable.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
mock drafts are for entertainment only. not only that, a lot of people behind the scenes with NFL teams make false draft boards to make certain players fall or rise with hopes to get who they prefer. we wont know who goes where until the draft but it is fun to speculate. I think the post above from CajunCrimson looks about as accurate as you can get for our guys. I think all on his list will be gone by the 3rd-4th round.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'll bet anyone Stewart won't be in the second round.
Might not but 16 teams in the NFL have WR in their top 3 of "must have" for this draft. 4 of those WOULD likely to take a WR with their 1st pick but to me that elite talent isn't 4 deep at wide rec. to justify using a first Rd. Pick. Mike Williams (Clemson), Corey Davis (W. Mich.), and maybe Courtland Sutton (SMU) are it. They are all 6'3" and can jump and fly. Samuel and Ross are 5'11" and totally disappeared when playing good CBs and I think while good, no GM is burning a 1st Rd. paycheck with the amount of incredible defensive talent in this draft. That's why I think round 2-3 will see WRs being gobbled up and I'd throw AS in that crop with no reservations.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.