Extremely Early 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I also think that Reuben Foster and/or Eddie Jackson could be potential first round picks. We should easily have 4-5 first rounders next year. This years team is loaded (seems like we save that every year now).

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Maybe you can't make a fuss about every impact Bama player in 2017, but Reuben Foster has the "it" factor written all over him. With his speed, power, thumping ability and if he can enjoy a season of good health, Reuben will be hard to pass up in the ist round.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm somewhat leeryabout our players in first round after what we witnessed this past weekend withReed, Robinson and Ragland... Same thingcould happen again next year.
So we could see Cam Robinson, OJ Howard, Jonathan Allen,Reuben Foster, Ryan Anderson, Tim Williams, Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson gone but the thing is, will they suffer thesame fate that the big three did this past weekend, falling into second roundsand etc?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm somewhat leeryabout our players in first round after what we witnessed this past weekend withReed, Robinson and Ragland... Same thingcould happen again next year.
So we could see Cam Robinson, OJ Howard, Jonathan Allen,Reuben Foster, Ryan Anderson, Tim Williams, Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson gone but the thing is, will they suffer thesame fate that the big three did this past weekend, falling into second roundsand etc?
OJ, Allen, Foster, Anderson, Tim, and Eddie aren't coming back, so it doesn't matter. What happened this weekend isn't unusual. Some surprising picks and trades cause teams to pick a player they didn't expect to be available. Just part of the draft process.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Robinson, depends on his senior year but he should go early. Williams and Allen are slam dunks because of their ability to affect the QB as long as they continue to improve. Humphrey and Jackson have a chance - depends on how they compare with other DBs. OJ - I don't see a team taking a TE in the first round. Foster is probably round 2 talent. Not sure about Anderson.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I tend to think most of those players wouldn't slip out of the first round because they are more of the "new breed" type of player we've been recruiting. Jonathan Allen, Foster, Williams, Ryan Anderson etc are all good pass rushers and can play in the dime/sub package. Saw a stat this weekend that close to 70% of the time in the NFL the defense is in dime/sub package. I think that's the main reason for the Ragland Reed Robinson slip out of the first round. JMO..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What's more amazing is he has Dallas Cowboys picking 24th!!
IF Romo stays healthy then the Cowboys will make the playoffs. They are loaded on offense with Dez, Elliott, Romo etc. Their defense is very questionable but they're in a weak division. Redskins won the division at 8-8 (IIRC) last year. Had Romo not got injured last year the Cowboys would have waltzed through that division..

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'll be shocked if 3 running backs go top 15. I know McCaffrey is not a pure RB - more like Sproles, etc. - but still....

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
These early mock drafts are predicated on big name college players, and a lot of times the draft process pushes these guys way down the boards. Quarterback, Running Back, and DL players tend to shuffle a lot in the process.

Take a guy like McCaffrey. He may break all sorts of records this year, but he will have a very hard time getting drafted that early.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.