Rpi at #61.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Depends on rest of season and tournament. If it goes south from there, I doubt it. May not be the worst thing imo. If we make a regional our pitching will probably carry into the finals and ultimately another year of the same ol same ol...

ptide12

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 18, 2011
I don't see any way we make a regional now. Do you?

Rtr
I think 15 wins will get us a bid, especially if we add to that a w in Hoover.

Of course, as kelly noted above, any postseason success is a facade of the issues at hand. Yet again (AGAIN), another ho-hum season grinding to an end. Anything short of a national championship and this staff should be gone (that sounds fanatical, I know.)

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I think 15 wins will get us a bid, especially if we add to that a w in Hoover.

Of course, as kelly noted above, any postseason success is a facade of the issues at hand. Yet again (AGAIN), another ho-hum season grinding to an end. Anything short of a national championship and this staff should be gone (that sounds fanatical, I know.)
Here is how I see it. we go 3-3 in the final 6 SEC games. 2-1 (Arkansas) 1-2 (South Carolina). We will probably lose to Samford in midweek game, because that is what we do. That gets us in the middle of the pac in a tough SEC. We win game one, and potentially games 2 before we exit. We go FSU as a 3 seed. We beat whoever (Troy, etc.), then lose the second game where we bounce back and win game three. From there we lose the regional championship. Raise your hand if you have seen this before.....

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Here is how I see it. we go 3-3 in the final 6 SEC games. 2-1 (Arkansas) 1-2 (South Carolina). We will probably lose to Samford in midweek game, because that is what we do. That gets us in the middle of the pac in a tough SEC. We win game one, and potentially games 2 before we exit. We go FSU as a 3 seed. We beat whoever (Troy, etc.), then lose the second game where we bounce back and win game three. From there we lose the regional championship. Raise your hand if you have seen this before.....
Got both hands raised.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I don't see any way we make a regional now. Do you?

Rtr
IMO we need to win the series VS Arky and USC AND win at least 2 games is the SEC tourney. I personally see 1-2 VS Arky and 0-3 VS USC to finish 13-17. Best thing for these kids would be for the season to end and Gaspard and Phillips to be fired. Keep Dax to recruit and hold things together until a new coach is hired.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
IMO we need to win the series VS Arky and USC AND win at least 2 games is the SEC tourney. I personally see 1-2 VS Arky and 0-3 VS USC to finish 13-17. Best thing for these kids would be for the season to end and Gaspard and Phillips to be fired. Keep Dax to recruit and hold things together until a new coach is hired.
Dax has done a fabulous job with the pitching staff. There might be worse hires than just naming him head man and telling him he has to find a hitting guy and another guy. That is just my .02

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I really see no way we get into a regional. It would take a finish I just can not see us accomplishing. At this point I am hoping we clinch an overall winning record and us moving on to a new staff in a few weeks.

Rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Hmm, does college baseball have a version of the NIT - say playing the Dixie Youth state champions - that would afford proper recognition to yet another illustrious coaching job by Gasper?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The rpi is now at #44. With a win or two against #7 South Carolina we should lock up a regional spot. Winning six of seven has certainly helped. We just need to figure out a way to take at least a game against the Gamecocks.

rtr

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Well, we have hit against Auburn, Arkansas, and Samford, so what does that mean? But sure, if we hit against South Carolina then who knows what might happen?

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.