Softball Starts 2016 SEC Conference Tourney

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
After losing the final game of their series with Georgia by a score of 9-5, the lady Tide have completed their regular season. They went 45-11 on the season and 16-8 in SEC play.
The Tide enter the SEC tourney as a #5 seed and will start play against #12 seed and tourney host Mississippi State. Their first game will start on Wednesday at 6:30PM. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Too bad we lost on Sunday. As a result, we fell from 2nd place to 5th and lost out on a 1st round bye. To make matters worse, we'll have to beat auburn and then florida just to make the championship game. A tough row to hoe for sure.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Too bad we lost on Sunday. As a result, we fell from 2nd place to 5th and lost out on a 1st round bye. To make matters worse, we'll have to beat auburn and then florida just to make the championship game. A tough row to hoe for sure.
Actually, I think we were tied for 4th place with Kentucky. Their 3 game sweep over MS State and our 2-1 win over Georgia gave them 4th Place and the Tide took 5th place.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Actually, I think we were tied for 4th place with Kentucky. Their 3 game sweep over MS State and our 2-1 win over Georgia gave them 4th Place and the Tide took 5th place.
Actually we finished in 5th place. They are 17-7 and we are 16-8 http://www.secsports.com/clubhouse/softball If we had the same record, we would have finished 4th because we won the series against them 2-1.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Nope, we would have been 4th. Tennessee and Auburn played one less game than us
2.Kentucky
17-7
43-11
3.Tennessee
16-7
40-13
4.Auburn
16-7
46-9
5.Alabama
16-8
45-11
Your chart shows everyone's actual record, but that wouldn't have been our record had we defeated UGA on Sunday. As I stated earlier in the thread, by losing on Sunday we fell from 2nd to 5th. Had we won on Sunday we'd have a conference record of 17-7, we owned the tiebreaker with Kentucky, and would have been half a game ahead of UT and AU since they played one less game. After Saturday's games the SEC website standings were: 1-UF, 2-UA, 3-UK, 4-UT and 5-AU. A Sunday win would have kept us 2nd with a first round bye and we would not be in the Auburn/Florida side of the bracket. Unfortunately, we lost and play State today with the other two awaiting, making it a much tougher road to the finals than it might have otherwise been.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Nope, we would have been 4th. Tennessee and Auburn played one less game than us
2.Kentucky
17-7
43-11
3.Tennessee
16-7
40-13
4.Auburn
16-7
46-9
5.Alabama
16-8
45-11
We actually got screwed by the ups in the series with UK. It should have been a sweep for us, but the umps ignored a runner interference on them and ended the game with runner interference on us. The out for interference would have made the score 2-1 us if I remember correctly. We'd have been 3rd and Uk would have been 5th. The umpires left in a police cars after the game. They normally leave on a golf cart.

Auburn comes in struggling from what I can tell. Hope we beat them. Our pitching is so up and down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.