GA News: OnlineAthens - Iduwe leaving UGA, Parker gets redshirt season

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
May 23rd, 2016 02:23 PM

Swingman Juwan Parker will have two seasons left of eligibility at Georgia after he was awarded a medical redshirt but one of his teammates is leaving the program.
Reserve post player Osahen Iduwe, a rising junior, has decided to transfer.
Iduwe is “moving on,” but his future destination is still to be determined, according to Bryan Clayton, who coached the 6-foot-10, 245-pound Iduwe at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, Wis.
The Benin City, Nigeria native played in 18 games last season, all in reserve. He averaged 0.5 points and 0.4 rebounds while averaging 2.7 minutes per game. He played a total of 27 minutes as a freshman.
“Osahen and I talked late last week,” coach Mark Fox said in a statement. “We want Osahen to find the greatest fit for him both academically and as a player. I understand and support his decision and we wish him nothing but the best. He has been a terrific teammate and will be missed.”
Iduwe said in a statement: “I believe it is in my best interest to find a new place to continue my college career.”
The 6-4, 205-pound Parker will now be a redshirt junior as was expected. He played in an exhibition game last season, but never played in the regular season due to an Achilles’ injury. He initially sustained the injury Jan. 10, 2015 and missed all but four games the rest of the season. He had surgery in March of 2015.
"We are pleased that Juwan has officially been awarded a redshirt," Fox said. "We are eager and excited to see him back on the court."
Parker averaged 4.9 points and 3.7 rebounds in 2014-15 when he started the first 14 games.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.