End of Season Thoughts

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I can see Dax staying until a new coach is hired, but other than that I say we clean house. Everyone.

We have been mediocre for a long time now. Like Play Ball! said, if you looked at this forum 3 years ago we would have been saying the same things. This staff has never been impressive, and they have proved that over the years.

I know one thing, I'll NEVER spend another dollar coming to Tuscaloosa anymore if Mitch and crew are allowed to stay. Just myself I averaged probably a 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas every trip, almost $10 in food at Taco Casa (it's a sin in my family to go to T-town and NOT eat at the Casa) and then another $12 at the field eating M/M's and drinking a water. That doesn't count if we take the kids then all of that easily doubles or more. All that to get to the field with NOBODY there, boring atmosphere, just because nobody has faith in Mitch and staff and yes that includes me. I raise cain and holler and cheer and clap and try to have fun, but we have to actually win to get all of these things. We proved we can have a top program with the right coach. If Coach Battle can't can this dude then I'm canning what I DO spend my money on and tickets to The Joe won't be on that list. I can easily watch the Barons or Biscuits play or just not go period.
Agree 100%. If Mitch gets a new contract I won't spend another dime in Tuscaloosa on ANY sport until he is replaced.

Personally, I believe he has already been told his contract will be allowed to expire. Once the team officially finds out they are not getting a bid tomorrow UA will announce he is out and Dax will run things until a new coach is hired and they will have the option to keep Dax. I can't see them waiting since the kids will be free to leave Tuesday and they have to meet with the coaches to discuss off season and in some cases find if the are being invited back or not. Apparently with the 11.7 they can cut kids at the end of the season. Why let Mitch make that call if he won't be coaching?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you are boycotting due to the coach, you need to e-mail Battle and tell him. Or even sit down and write an old fashioned letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I have sent him an e-mail. I was sure to list facts and ask if he would accept a football coach to be in the bottom half of the SEC West on a regular basis and accept the Independence Bowl as a "good" season?

I spoke to him when he was at gymnastics nationals and really wanted to say something but, I knew it was not the right place/time.

If you are boycotting due to the coach, you need to e-mail Battle and tell him. Or even sit down and write an old fashioned letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.