4 ways to take down drones...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Re: 4 ways to take down illegal drones

I saw one YouTube where a kid was using his drone to mess with a golf game, moving the balls on the green. One of the golfers, a geezer, absolutely destroyed it with a golf club. I think that does move into the realm of "illegal drones," being used for an illegal purpose. Some people, particularly elderly golfers, take their golf games seriously. I hope all understand that I'm not backing the FAA position at all. I'm just the messenger. However, Congress has delegated the power to them to determine what is an "airplane," so it would take Congressional action (good luck with that) to reverse it...
Could you imagine the chaos if someone used a drone on the field during a college football game?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

"And now the Crimson Tide kicker will attempt a field goal for the win from their own 10 yard line. They've been in this fight all day long, but this is their last chance, They have to make this kick to secure the win. And here we go. The kick is up, but it's going to be short. Wait a minute. What's that? It looks like a drone is intercepting the ball. It is! it grabbed the ball in mid air and it's carrying the ball toward the goal posts! Wow! I've never seen anything like this in my entire life! The drone actually caught the ball in mid air, carried it the rest of the way to the goal posts and dropped it right through the middle. It's good! It's good! The clock hit zero and the game is over. The Crimson Tide just won their 25th consecutive National Championship! "

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think these things are going to become much more of an irritating nuisance before Congress steps in and finally does something...

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
The FAA has been working on regulations for UAVs. I think they'll eventually differentiate between the true unmanned aircraft and the glorified toys, much like they differentiate between general aviation and transport airplanes. By then, the toys may be fair game for shooting!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think these things are going to become much more of an irritating nuisance before Congress steps in and finally does something...
Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before a drone gets pulled into an aircraft engine and something bad happens - only then will this be addressed.

tidegrandpa

All-American

Big difference between aircraft and drones when it comes to altitude. I cannot fly a 4 seater under 1000 ft above and congested(neighborhood) areas and around a crowded football field, 2000 except without a special clearance.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Big difference between aircraft and drones when it comes to altitude. I cannot fly a 4 seater under 1000 ft above and congested(neighborhood) areas and around a crowded football field, 2000 except without a special clearance.
They have a "blanket" exemption for flights up to 400' now. Within that, they have exactly the same rights as an airliner...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.