Game Thread: Tuscaloosa Softball Super Regional Game 2 (best of 3: UA leads 1-0): UA vs UW

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Two quick outs, then a bunt and a bloop, but a K, of their star player, ends the threat. They strand a pair, and are down to 3 outs left.

Going to our 7th...................

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That's the game! Three Ks, to end the game.

Zero U..................you're next!

(I wonder if those 2 teams are sick of playing each other, in OKC.)

See y'all on Thursday.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well they did it. Back before the UF series I would've said returning to OKC would be overachieving, but two things make me think we have a real shot even without my homer glasses on (3 if you count UF going down).

1) Osorio is back, and she is probably better than ever. Plus madi and Sydney are very capable if needed.

2) turner and lafaele have made our lineup dangerous enough to get rolling. Now it's nowhere near the caliber it was from 2011-2014 but with the teams remaining it might be just good enough to steal some wins.

Now having OU, LSU, and probably Michigan on our side looks treacherous. But LSU isn't better than us they just got us when we were hurting in that little house of horrors in Baton Rouge. Michigan is a good team, but they are far more mortal than what they were last year. OU is probably the best team heading for OKC so it's going to be a tough game. The other side of the bracket is going to be a joke.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It's good to be going back to the WCWS, our 11th trip. One thing we've learned is how important it is to win your first game - we've only done that three times. We've got terrific pitching and solid defense, I like our chances.

In the east Alabama super, Arizona beat the barn girls in game 1, 5-3.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
This team has done a great job. They have played some outstanding defense, overall, and are getting some timely hits.
Congrats, girls and we'll see y'all on Thursday.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Really proud of this Tide team. Looks like they're peaking at just the right time. Congrats to them for making it thus far and we're behind them all the way through the WCWS. I hope they bring home another National Title!
RTR :biga:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Congrats to the ladies....both games with Washington were exciting, and really showed the competitive spirit this team has. Certainly everyone deserves credit, especially our pitchers, but I was also impressed with the young freshman catcher Dykes. She's a natural baseball player...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Congrats to the ladies....both games with Washington were exciting, and really showed the competitive spirit this team has. Certainly everyone deserves credit, especially our pitchers, but I was also impressed with the young freshman catcher Dykes. She's a natural baseball player...
Yes, and let's not forget Coach Murphy and the phenomenal job he's done.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.