Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Assistant coach with no experience as Head coach

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Why would you think that Cohen is an option at all? Has he worn out his welcome at State?

Rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Hobson is around 70, with a very questionable history.
That's where the (Redemption tour of dugout duty!!) comes in - why, at 70 (truth is, he ain't even turned 65 yet), Clell Lavern Hobson Jr. could be 'Bama's own Casey Stengel. The "good" Casey from all those pennants he managed the Yankees to, not a la his twilight years with the Amazin's. Why not! Redemption for Butch and Mama calling (on an untapped line) at the same time!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Hobson is around 70, with a very questionable history. Although he is a good coach.
Maybe Mama calling one of Bear's boys back to a 'Bama ballfield ain't exactly a notion that comes out of left field - not like (link) Butch hasn't at least heard from 'Bama before, albeit before his "very questionable history." Wonder if Battle (and Saban?) would consider him penitent for past sins and give him a second chance...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I am ready for some solid news, and I doubt seriously if we coax anyone away from an Omaha-bound squad. But heck, if that is the plan when will be the earliest we hear anything? The 4th of July?

rtr

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I am ready for some solid news, and I doubt seriously if we coax anyone away from an Omaha-bound squad. But heck, if that is the plan when will be the earliest we hear anything? The 4th of July?

I am ready for solid news as well, getting a coach hired could mean the difference on rather or not some players that got drafted stay or sign. The only guy in Omaha I think we may have a shot at is the coach at Coastal Carolina and his interest may be the reason news has not come out yet.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think Cohen's our best realistic option, and he'd be very, very good. But he'll be tough to sway, I'd bet.
There is a premium article on BOL with a headline of "Updating Alabama's baseball coaching search" with a photo of a MSU coach who I assume is Cohen. Anybody have access to let us know what the article says?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
My thought on the Cohen deal is that he is probably trying to get a raise out of the doggies.

Rumor on another site is that it is down to Godwin or Goff. I don't know much about Goff. Godwin has been working a steady path towards being a power five head coach. His resume is pretty busy, but he has been working towards a goal, it would appear.

rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My thought on the Cohen deal is that he is probably trying to get a raise out of the doggies.

Rumor on another site is that it is down to Godwin or Goff. I don't know much about Goff. Godwin has been working a steady path towards being a power five head coach. His resume is pretty busy, but he has been working towards a goal, it would appear.

rtr
I believe someone posted Goff's bio on this thread. I read it and was very impressed. While he has not been at a P5 school he has won big time everywhere he has been.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.