Will Further Perversions of Title IX Ruin Women’s Athletics?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I thought this article was good read, as it discusses the changes caused by Title IX and how transgender mandates may affect sports for women.

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...rsions_of_title_ix_ruin_womens_athletics.html

"Given that we now live in a culture that has legally redefined the oldest institution in the history of humanity, whether we’re talking about locker rooms or restrooms, it should come as little surprise that we are now debating what is a male and what is a female. However, no one seems to be pointing out that this type of perverse thinking only hurts (real) female athletes. If mental illness and hormone therapy were really all that’s necessary to level the playing field, why are no “transgender males” (females pretending to be men) beating (real) men, at any type of elite level, in any sport? In the combined 276-year history of MLB, the NFL, and the NBA, no human being born a female has ever been a regular member of any of those leagues. Real women better rise up and notice what is happening. If this is the path the homosexual agenda (which includes the transgender apologists) now wants to take, Title IX (ironically) is now being used to render women athletics a farce."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Meet the Texas wrestler who won a girls’ state title. His name is Mack

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...er834pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.294fa5dd6a35

Forced by rules to wrestle as a girl. Even though he wanted to wrestle as a boy.

A few coaches and parents became concerned their girls wouldn’t compete on equal terrain. Other coaches disagreed, more impressed by Beggs’s commitment to improvement and his mental preparation. Sides were established. Discussions became increasingly tense. Questions became more difficult to answer.
Why, several girls asked the wrestling coach who had asked to remain anonymous, was it okay for Beggs to receive hormones but not them? Why endure training and risk injury if there was no discernible path to victory?

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...er834pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.294fa5dd6a35

Forced by rules to wrestle as a girl. Even though he wanted to wrestle as a boy.

A few coaches and parents became concerned their girls wouldn’t compete on equal terrain. Other coaches disagreed, more impressed by Beggs’s commitment to improvement and his mental preparation. Sides were established. Discussions became increasingly tense. Questions became more difficult to answer.
Why, several girls asked the wrestling coach who had asked to remain anonymous, was it okay for Beggs to receive hormones but not them? Why endure training and risk injury if there was no discernible path to victory?
She probably shouldn't be allowed to compete at all given her artificial modifications.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She probably shouldn't be allowed to compete at all given her artificial modifications.
That was my immediate thought. I mean, isn't this level of 'hormone injection' somewhat similar to using steroids? (I realize it's not precise, but it still seems to me its enough of a modification to warrant exclusion).

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The kid wasn't "forced" to do anything. The only fair and right thing to do was to not compete at all. This wasn't a chess competition after all.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

not to sound sexist but is it really all that shocking that a sort of man won the girls wrestling title?

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
That was my immediate thought. I mean, isn't this level of 'hormone injection' somewhat similar to using steroids? (I realize it's not precise, but it still seems to me its enough of a modification to warrant exclusion).
The hormone in question is testosterone. He certainly has an advantage in the girls division that should not be allowed. I would agree that if he has higher testosterone than allowed in the boys division then he should be punished. If he's in an acceptable range is this performance enhancing?

I'll fully admit I have no idea what to do in this situation, but letting him wrestle girls doesn't seem like the correct answer.

I am disappointed in the adults booing him at the tournament, however.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In fairness, he wanted to compete in the boys division, but the rules said he had to be in the one that matched his birth certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
In fairness, he wanted to compete in the boys division, but the rules said he had to be in the one that matched his birth certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If all girls were to have the option of playing in the boys division, I'd be okay with it. But in a truly equal world, all boys would then have the option to play in the girls division. Nevertheless, performance enhancing drugs should not be allowed.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If all girls were to have the option of playing in the boys division, I'd be okay with it. But in a truly equal world, all boys would then have the option to play in the girls division. Nevertheless, performance enhancing drugs should not be allowed.
Agreed. Also, if it took drugs for this girl to be able to be competitive in the boys division then she didn't belong in the boys division. Now, I know the knee jerk answer from some will be "She wasn't taking them to be able to compete but to further the transition to being a boy." But that is somewhat irrelevant as it pertains to competing in a sport. The end result is she is taking a PED to put testosterone that isn't naturally in her body. So my guess is, if she would have simply competed in the boys division minus the testosterone. She would have gotten thrown all over the place and it would have looked like the Notre Dame/Alabama championship game in 2013. A massacre.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.