**** 2017 OLB Markail Benton (Central Phenix City, AL) Commits to Bama ****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2017 OLB Markail Benton (Central Phenix City, AL) Updates

This is so true, but I kinda hate to see a recruit saying it like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the interview I saw he was asked if the reason he picked Bama was because of better coaches and he said yes they have better coaches. He was not real talkative and he gave short answers to the reporters question.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

surprising to land this kid on the heels of the big cat weekend visit. Wondering if the lustre is coming off he gus bus. Perhaps he saw too many coaches working the phone for their next job.
As was mentioned earlier in the week, he was in Tuscaloosa after Big Cat weekend.

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016

the barn faithful are mad as heck over this commitment!! and of course the hate is strong as usual on why he chose Bama over their great football program along with the pathetic jabs:

- he's overrated
-he hates contact and is not physical
- he was bought $$$
- he has a new car after his Bama visit
-he will sit on the bench for 3 years

blah blah blah...:rolleye2:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
R u mad aubeys[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

This is so true, but I kinda hate to see a recruit saying it like this.

I must be missing something. The reason we have #1 recruiting classes every year is Nick Saban. This is the worst kept secret in college sports. How can you object to a guy saying what is patently true. Thank god he didn't say the program would help him with his $piritual matter$

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

.... and there is a very good chance that the Barn will be ridding themselves of Malzahn before the end of the 2016 season.

And they just gave him an extension to 2020 too!:biggrin:

I think we hang on to this kid and I'm glad he's with us! I think he'll be a good one!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He has the explosiveness that reminds me of Donta and Reuben. Going to be a good one.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Saw where he is taking an official to Georgia. Anything to worry about with him? Wonder if his grades are in order?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He's been dinged up for much of the year. RTO, any sense that the coaches have asked him to consider a gray shirt to completely recover?

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I don't know the answer to that, but he is such a great player I can't imagine him being a candidate for gray shirt, banged up or not. He can sign wherever he wants to. It is a big recruiting victory to get him.
He's been dinged up for much of the year. RTO, any sense that the coaches have asked him to consider a gray shirt to completely recover?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hoping Saban gives Benton the same speech so he'll shut his down as well. Looks like an impressive LB!
I think he is just taking a trip to be "wined and dined" during the recruiting process. If he were to flip I would think it would be the barn over the dawgs anyway.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

From the interview I saw he was asked if the reason he picked Bama was because of better coaches and he said yes they have better coaches. He was not real talkative and he gave short answers to the reporters question.
If he was repeating his answer from the question and didn't come up with that on his own, and was consistently giving short answers, I'm thinking he's a perfect fit at Bama. He's either very reserved or he knows the drill already.
In any event, his answer was obviously correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.